The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Producing Gospel-Based Magic Instructional Videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SheikMozart
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of SheikMozart
Hello there,

I run a kids ministry website called iLoveKidsChurch.com that contains a section on gospel magic called Kids Church Magician.

I want to start producing short, downloadable instructional videos for basic gospel magic routines and selling them on my store for about $5. These videos, like many magic videos, would feature the full gospel presentation of the effect and then the step-by-step explanation of the routine.

I know a lot of you have experience in this arena, so I wanted to know: 1) are there any legal/ethical considerations to take before creating these sorts of videos? 2) Do I need to acquire permission and provide credits for classic, basic effects?

I ask because I want to be very respectful to the magic community and because I am truly ignorant on these matters!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Sheik
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
There is the ethical question of whether the routines are ones you have the rights to sell step-by-step explanations for. You may be better off with videos giving gospel presentations and then just point people to where they can purchase routines if they are not your property to sell. Package two or three gospel presentations together and sell them without explanation of how the routine is done.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Duane Laflin already offers 72+ videos teaching tricks (6 per month) for $30 as part of the Grand Magic Magazine

Duane is a master magician and a wonderful teacher

why would we pay $5 per trick ??
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
SheikMozart
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of SheikMozart
I wasn't aware that Duane was doing that...I'll have to check into those!
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
603 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Sheik,
Being a children's pastor myself, my assumption is that your target would be more of those in children's ministry who would like to add Gospel Magic to the mix - so am I correct in saying that the instructional videos would be material that is fairly easy to learn and the props everyday objects?

Message me or give me a call if you wish.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Producing Gospel-Based Magic Instructional Videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL