The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How old were you when you learnd Cups and Balls (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
When I was 70, last year.
SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
61 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
I'm 38 and waiting on my first set to arrive in the mail sometime in the next few days so I can start learning!
The art of anything is taking the time to learn everything
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I remember performing the Cups and Balls during a show for a classroom of kids at the elementary school. It was my sister's class, she was two years behind me. So I was probably 12 or 13.
It was probably 1973/74 - Doug Henning had not even appeared on TV yet. I wore a cape. I shudder to think of it.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Thanks everyone for sharing. I posted that and then forgot about it for a while. Sorry, just too busy. I learned the Cups and Balls, on a basic level when I was six or seven. I had a set of Adams form a magic set and I had seen the guy perform it in the shop in Gatlinburg. I spent a good while looking for a secret release to make a hole appear in the cup before reading the instructions.
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I learned and did the Cups and Balls for show and tell at school, must have been around 1964.
Keith
SHAZAM!
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Maybe at 14 or so. I learned the vernon routine, performed it a few times, and then went my own way.

-Leo
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Early 1960s. Even though it wasn't my first trick, it was my gateway drug. I had gotten a magic set when I was 7. I putzed my way through a rabbit paddle and two card monte, but it was later that summer when my uncle visited me, saw my magic set and showed me the Cups & Balls, the basic routine. I was blown away that this could be done with MY STUFF!! He taught me how to do it, and that's when the magic bug bit hard.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Lets just say I learned the Sippy Cups and balls.
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Raven.....
Now that's funny!
Keith
SHAZAM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How old were you when you learnd Cups and Balls (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL