The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Kn*wing G@me - Must See! (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Brynmore14 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Slydini wrote:
Has anyone added any outcomes to your set?

Having established that their actions are being controlled by the smiling clown figure you could follow up The Kn*wing Game with another predetermination effect such as B'wave, again using the clown as the controlling force.

Intrepid,

I like the idea of a predetermination effect, but wouldn't personally use B'wave without a strong and creepy backstory. I would wonder why the force in the clown would concern itself with making you, the victim, pick a particular card. I think B'wave might lessen rather than strengthen TKG if done as it normally is. Having said that, if the back story around the particular card was strong enough, it might work. What about the card being the calling card of a possessed serial killer someone normal prior to playing the game as a child, later killed by police. Now the clown is looking for another host and you are it.

Just riffing, I don't own TKG due to a shortage of funds, so take what I say with the requisite amount of salt.

I completely agree. A trick without a captivating story would lessen the effect. Something for the creative minds here to kick about. B'wave was the first predetermination effect that came to mind but there are better examples out there too.
Bob
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I understand why B'wave jumps to mind, it is my go to predetermination effect for straight mentalism type presentations. Well it or twisted sisters, depending on the vibe I am going for, though TS is a bit more 'magic' than mentalism.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Between those two I like the less is more structure of B'wave. But getting back the TKG, we should crack open some of the old books for effects that can be performed with common items from the 1940s. I mentioned this in another related thread that Rick Maues methods lend themselves to predetermination effects. In particular his Fate routine comes to mind, but that requires four volunteers and plays better to an audience, so that's not the best fit either.
Bob
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Great idea Intrepid.
I'm looking for ways to plan a whole evening around TKG.
A dark Dopps scripting also comes to mind.

Brynmore, I wish you good fortune in the hopes you're able to
pick one of these up. It really is a fantastic piece of work.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, horus1 wrote:

Interesting. Is the clown somehow able to read the spectators mind, or would the performance transition away from TKG story altogether.
Bob
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Maybe something other than coins are in the clown, mine has some coins and a couple of tiddleywinks in it but maybe a note with something written on it.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Maybe some phalanges...
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, horus1 wrote:

Interesting. Is the clown somehow able to read the spectators mind, or would the performance transition away from TKG story altogether.

I'd like to tie the two together. Maybe the same spirit that is guiding the hits in Dopps is the same (clown) that is guiding the spec in TNG.
Maybe Dopps is the prelude? Having the spec lose his soul is a tough act to follow. Smile
The books predate Dopps so there isn't an obvious tie in other than using the books like a talking board, but I'm sure a story could be crafted.
paulnoff
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of paulnoff
My KN*WING GAME arrived in the mail yesterday. I am looking forward to the long weekend to get working on this. Very Very cool looking props.....
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
How are you finding this "out among the English"? I think it works great.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
BTW, that is a quote from the movie "Witness" referencing the Amish referring to all non-Amish.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Word is that all 23 limited-edition Kn*wing Games have now been sold.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
A secret society of the 23 ! Smile That has a nice ring to it ! All I know is I am SO happy I made the investment & just recently unleashed "The Game", gave me back my moneys worth twice over it's 1st time out !! Smile
Astaroth
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Astaroth
So is that it he is not making any more ever?
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Yes no more ever. It was a limited edition of 23 games.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Unless someone down the road retires their's in the for sale section,
23 wonderous TKG unites will ever only be
Second handers you may or may not see,
Mine I know that will never be......
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I finally had a quiet moment alone to sit down and spend a few minutes with the kn*wing game today - it just arrived yesterday but after opening the box and seeing my game I couldn't shake the anticipation! The game hits you on so many levels, it is perfectly aged and completely genuine, smells amazing - of old age with a hint of smoke - one can easily imagine the children sitting around and making the game pieces and board - The game play is masterful and the final outcome is as certain as the feeling that the spectator/player will have of having walked in the footsteps of curious and terrified children in darkened rooms so many many years ago. This is truly an original bizarre creation.
paulnoff
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of paulnoff
Has anyone come up with any ideas on protecting the game board? I was thinking of framing it with glass on both sides....sort of suspended in between two sheets of glass. I would love to hear if anyone has any other ideas.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, paulnoff wrote:
Has anyone come up with any ideas on protecting the game board? I was thinking of framing it with glass on both sides....sort of suspended in between two sheets of glass. I would love to hear if anyone has any other ideas.

I don't see a need to protect it. I folded mine in quarters and I store it in the tin with all the other parts, the way a kid would. The thing is supposed to look old and used, after all.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Agreed. Shouldn't the game board be something that is now seen as dreadful? Kept hidden and unseen. Wrapped and placed in a dark, dank, secret place, and only revealed for special times and special people who may be open to understanding what has transpired (your audience)?

My point is that as cool as these props are...they are supposed to be tainted...not revered.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Kn*wing G@me - Must See! (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL