The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sponge balls retention vanish (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Michael, that was flippin' BRILLIANT! I'll be working on sponges for a month now trying to get up to snuff on that steal. Nice!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, Montana76 wrote:
Quote:
On May 19, 2014, eatonmagic wrote:
OK...video should now be good to go.


That was fantastic!
Thank you so much for taking the time to make the video.

Your vanish looks amazing, it fooled me over and over again. The retention of vision is perfect!
I really like that it looks convincing when seated. Do you cover the move in your penguin lecture?


Both moves are in the lecture. I have used the steal for a while, it kind of reminds me of Gregory Wilson's bck stage pass, in that it is done in full view and is 100% (in my experience) deceptive.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Just when you think you know all there is to know. I gotta 3 hour plane trip on Saturday. I know what I'm working on. Awesome!
In Mystery,


Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1169 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Puggo: when you say steal, do you mean the vanish he uses?
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, Montana76 wrote:
Puggo: when you say steal, do you mean the vanish he uses?


No, the second part of the video where there is genuinely a ball in each hand and then the very well justified move.. leaving 2 in one hand and none in the other. No FT required.
Quality stuff from Mr Eaton. I adopted it straight after the lecture. A relatively easy move considering how fair and motivated it is.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1169 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Ahh I see. Thank you!
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
726 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Thanks for the kind words guys. I actually an about to start filming another DVD and I use that move in a coins across routine. Hopefully you will enjoy it Smile
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, eatonmagic wrote:
Thanks for the kind words guys. I actually an about to start filming another DVD and I use that move in a coins across routine. Hopefully you will enjoy it Smile

I look forward to you tipping what's going to be on the DVD - although I struggle with some of the harder coin work, I think that your lecture was full of attainable material for the worker or hobbiest.
Charlie
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2428 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Eatonmagic. WoW. love the video. You just help me step up my game. Thanks.
Smile
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
726 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On May 21, 2014, puggo wrote:
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, eatonmagic wrote:
Thanks for the kind words guys. I actually an about to start filming another DVD and I use that move in a coins across routine. Hopefully you will enjoy it Smile

I look forward to you tipping what's going to be on the DVD - although I struggle with some of the harder coin work, I think that your lecture was full of attainable material for the worker or hobbiest.
Charlie


Thanks so much Puggo! I really appreciate the feedback Smile

-Eaton
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1169 Posts

Profile of Montana76
I am in the process of watching the Penguin Live Lecture. WOW! What a fantastic product!
Until you replied to this thread you were unknown to me. But what a terrific performer and great performing personality. I look forward to reading your posts and enjoying your products in the future. Thank you so much for chiming in on my question.
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
726 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On May 21, 2014, Montana76 wrote:
I am in the process of watching the Penguin Live Lecture. WOW! What a fantastic product!
Until you replied to this thread you were unknown to me. But what a terrific performer and great performing personality. I look forward to reading your posts and enjoying your products in the future. Thank you so much for chiming in on my question.


Hey Montana,

Wow! I really appreciate the kind words bro. Glad you are enjoying the lecture and if I can help you in any way don't hesitate to ask. I'm somewhat busy at the moment but I will get in touch with you Smile

Just out of curiosity, is there a particular routine you liked the best off of the lecture? If so, why?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6480 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Gary Ouellet's Push Pinch Sponge ball Vanish.
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
Eaton, Great video, especially enjoyed the second vanish you demonstrated. Thank you!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, eatonmagic wrote:
I made a small video Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSB-r5XhTT0

Nothing short of the best sponge tip here on the Café'. Maybe not even localized to sponges. Killer stuff.

It looks like a variation on an ancient coin steal I use. Never occurred to me ever to apply it with sponges. Nice. Very nice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
726 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Thank you Patrick and Danny! I appreciate the kind words.

Magicfish, thank you for pointing this move out. I'll have to research it more as I cannot find any video on Gary's move. I'm certain that almost anything now has already been done and most guys can and will independently create a move. Happens all the time. I'd just like to properly credit Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very fine work indeed.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1169 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Quote:
On May 21, 2014, eatonmagic wrote:
Quote:
On May 21, 2014, Montana76 wrote:
I am in the process of watching the Penguin Live Lecture. WOW! What a fantastic product!
Until you replied to this thread you were unknown to me. But what a terrific performer and great performing personality. I look forward to reading your posts and enjoying your products in the future. Thank you so much for chiming in on my question.


Hey Montana,

Wow! I really appreciate the kind words bro. Glad you are enjoying the lecture and if I can help you in any way don't hesitate to ask. I'm somewhat busy at the moment but I will get in touch with you Smile

Just out of curiosity, is there a particular routine you liked the best off of the lecture? If so, why?


Hi Eaton!!
No worries, been busy myself. Bought a new house and had my hands full with my two small children lately.

The funny thing with your lecture is that when I say your handling with the sponges I figured you to be stickler for technique. I love that, but when I saw your DL get-ready for ACR I loved you even more!! This proves the point "DO WHAT WORKS".
And to know that you performed for 700 people a night when doing strolling at the games I know that you are really the guy to listen to.

Thank you for doing the lecture and thank you for being here answering our questions; and even making a video showing what you mean.

You rock!
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Got to get to work on that heel clip steal. Very deceptive! Smile
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Great stuff Eaton Impressive!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sponge balls retention vanish (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL