The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound effect board needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
I'm trying to either find a source of a specialized sound effect board or someone who can help me design one. I had two electronics classes 25 years ago, so my knowledge of components is dated. I'd like to have a self contained board, including a speaker, that will produce one of two different switches are pressed by a spectator participant. I'm not wanting to try doing this with an iPod, iPhone, Bluetooth speaker, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Look at the sound modules on this page:
http://www.electronics123.com/kits-and-m......Modules/

The one you want is probably the "300 second (5 minutes) USB recording module". You can use their software to format a sound file, then upload it to the board with USB. The module itself has a small speaker in it, but if you don't like the way it sounds, you can connect something bigger.

You'll probably want to upgrade the cheapo buttons with something nicer, either from Radio Shack, or buy a couple of arcade buttons (search Google for suppliers, they're cheap). And find a nice box to put it all in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound effect board needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL