The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Coin tie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Okay, at the risk of sounding really odd, here it goes:

I love coin magic—anyone ever see a tie made up of images of coins? If no one has, I was thinking of designing one. Yes, I am one of those guys who wears nice suits and throws in the odd looking theme tie (Looney Tunes, Disney, music notes, anything different...).

It would be primarily a dark colored tie covered with images of Morgan Dollars, Barber halves, Walking Liberties, etc. (all the coins that I think look classic).

Anyone else like this idea? Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Very tough to pull off with class. It is more sensible to have a coin as the head on a tie tac.

If you are VERY good at design, you might want to have a coin design on your pocket square and go from that.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Thanks for the idea jon
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Ted:
Try looking at Ralph Marlin's ties...he may have something like you're thinking of.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Tedski,
For ties with pix of coins on them, check out:

http://www.wildties.com/dyn/tieview.jsp?......e=search

cheers,
Peter Marucci
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Ted,

I've been wanting to go with the traditional tuxedo look but a tux purchase has been out of the budget so far.

Instead, I've been wearing just a nice pair of slacks and a dress shirt. I do the same things with ties, though! I wear a Scooby or a Sponge Bob - I think the kids really like that.

I am trying to think up a way to have a tie sewn inside another so I can do a quick tie change just to fool people. Anyone have any ideas on doing that?

-R
-Randy
[email]rsnedden@closeupmagic.org[/email]
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
http://www.williamsmagic.com has a selection of magicial ties. I used to always go in there and see the owner with a card tie on. You may have to email them to ask about them...I am not sure if they are listed in their inventory on the site.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Coin tie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL