The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Ukrainian Artist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Kamen
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakland, CA
1315 Posts

Profile of Michael Kamen
Michael Kamen
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Lawerence O mentioned her in 2009, and Gaddy posted a link to that video on youtube in 2010. I'd post links, but both topics are in Secret Sessions. After that she was mentioned in another couple of topics.

But, I am not trying to steal your thunder. In fact, I am really glad you posted this again Michael. I'd forgotten about it. It shows that any art form can be raised to a high art.

While there were obvious historical references, not being Ukranian myself, I probably didn't understand everything she drew, but I still found what I understood to be very moving.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Michael Kamen
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakland, CA
1315 Posts

Profile of Michael Kamen
I don't think I understand any of it Bill. But it is beautiful, passionate, and somewhat magical, and seems timely given all the upheaval in that part of the world.
Michael Kamen
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I've seen this before and it's still really extraordinary.
If you're not a Russian or (Ukranian?) speaker, the key to understanding it is probably the 1946 date at the very end.
Here's an interview with the artist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvAES2vQzOs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Ukrainian Artist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL