The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Marcus Eddie's "Loaded" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Been practicing and performing "Loaded" by Marcus Eddie. Currently it's on my "B" list of tricks (not ready yet to be used in a paid performance list) but after practicing it and refining the handling of the trick with the help of a few close friends I performed it for my "Magic Monday" Starbucks coffee crowd. I use my Starbucks coffee crowd to perform "B" list tricks to see if they are worth keeping in my repertoire and if so, then gauge whether I am ready to put the trick in my paid shows such as strolling magic or my restaurant gigs (this trick would be ideal as an opener to a card routine for those particular markets). So far, I have been getting good results. My Starbucks coffee crowd couldn't figure out how the trick was done and they liked it as an opener to a card routine. They seemed to really like the trick, but again, I feel this is a good opener for a card routine. Seems like this trick will be a keeper.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Sackninja
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Sackninja
I hate to bring back an old thread but I was just recently considering this effect. What are the angles like? How cleanly can the box be displayed before making the cards appear? Could you pull a prediction out of the box for a previous effect and then close the box back up and do the effect?

Thank you very much for any answers. Anyone else who knows can of course answer as well.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Right now, I personally can't recommend this trick. The angles can be tricky but you can get pretty good with angle issue with practice. Initially I seemed to be getting good results, but after additional performance experience on my "B" list of tricks, the results weren't so good. However, the handling, despite the appearance of it being somewhat simple isn't as simple as it might initially seem when performing in front of a "Magic Monday" crowd. After performing this more and more, as of right now, I do not recommend this trick. At least I personally do not recommend the trick after some additional experience performing it for the "Magic Monday" crowd and close friends. I haven't performed this trick for any paid gigs. I might construct another one of these and give it a second go. But I think it's too risky to use this trick in a paid gig after some additional performance experience having it on my "B" list of tricks (at least for me).
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Sackninja
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Sackninja
Disappointing. I had really grand plans for this. I had a feeling my ideas would probably not work anyway. Do you know of any other deck productions that may be better? I may try this anyway for 9.99 just to mess around bit but it seems I won't be performing it if I can take your word.

Thank you very much anyway.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 31, 2014, Sackninja wrote:
Disappointing. I had really grand plans for this. I had a feeling my ideas would probably not work anyway. Do you know of any other deck productions that may be better? I may try this anyway for 9.99 just to mess around bit but it seems I won't be performing it if I can take your word.

Thank you very much anyway.

You can give it a shot, however, I had some issues during performance in front of non-paid crowds. I have fooled people with the trick itself, however my goal is fool everybody, including sharp eyed, intelligent spectators in a paid gig. So I set a pretty high bar for my tricks when it comes to paid performances. Right now it remains on my "B" list. I am going to construct the trick again and give it another shot during a "Magic Monday" to see if there is anything I can change to improve the handling. I have changed the handling a bit from what is shown on the DVD to improve the performance, but even with the changes (and my performance had improved because of those changes), I still had some trouble with it in front of my "B" List "Magic Monday" crowd.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Check out Sudden Deck by David Regal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Marcus Eddie's "Loaded" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL