The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Fliping/flicking cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drgnjames123
View Profile
New user
delaware
32 Posts

Profile of drgnjames123
Hello, my name is James and I just started doing magic a few months ago. I've bought a few books on all sorts of magic from cards to everyday items. I like doing close up magic for friends and family. I am interested in a trick that David Blaine does on his DVD show several times where he shows a card to a spectator and has them hold it between their hands and then shows another card then "flips or flicks" it into another card. I would just like to know the move. I have made double back cards and have a Svengali deck but I am sure you can do it with a regular deck too. Any help on this would be great. Thanks!
James
Axio
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Axio
Hi james,

Wecome to the world of magic! I think you are takling about "Two Card Monte". And yes you can do it with a regular deck of cards.
Axio
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Hmmm... sounds like a snap change to me. Or maybe the Hot Shot Cut. The description is a little vague.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
drgnjames123
View Profile
New user
delaware
32 Posts

Profile of drgnjames123
Actually on David Blaine's show he walks up to two ladies sitting on a bench and shows her a card. Then he asks her to place her hand palm up and places the card on it. Then she is asked to place her other hand on top and sandwich the card. Then David shows another card on the top of the deck and flips it with an audible flick sound and the card changes right before her eyes. I pretty much know how to change the cards it’s the flip movement that's got me. The snap change might be what I am looking for. How is this movement done? Two cards back to back?
Thanks.
James
jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
I believe the snap change and various other change can be found in "The Royal Road To Card Magic" or "Expert Card Technique" by Hugard and Braue. Check those books out they should answer your questions

jlareau
Smile
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Fliping/flicking cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL