The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So you are the Mew-gish-ee-ann (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
People regularly say
"Hey it's you. This guy is a Mew-gish-eean"

How may of you hear this where people can't quite say "Magician" and mix Musician and Magician in one word? Sometimes they know what they did and laugh.

I was wondering if it is a local thing (southern) or if others have heard that funny word before?
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
A C Spectre
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
75 Posts

Profile of A C Spectre
I heard it today at a birthday party I worked. I must admit that it was the 5 year old birthday girl who said it, so I think it was more a speech development issue versus a geographical one. It made us all laugh and she smiled at being the center of attention.

A C Spectre

Smile Smile Smile
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
When I say I am a magician a lot of people say "what instrument?" of course I somtimes have a slight southern twang in my voice...

Jeff
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
496 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Nums-- People ask me all the time what instrument I play, just as you mentioned--lol!!! I go the extra step to tell them: "Playing Cards". I then take out one card from my pocket (Which has a special something glued to one side) and play them a little tune Smile It at least gets a little chuckle every time.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Do you tell them that you perform "mujic" or "masic"?

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
PremiataForneria, that is a good one, may I use it?

Jeff
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
All the time! Smile

Quote:
On 2004-01-11 01:42, PremiataForneria wrote:
Nums-- People ask me all the time what instrument I play, just as you mentioned--lol!!! I go the extra step to tell them: "Playing Cards". I then take out one card from my pocket (Which has a special something glued to one side) and play them a little tune Smile It at least gets a little chuckle every time.

Hey, I have one of those too! Got it years ago in jumbo size. It's still in my closet somewhere. I should look for it.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So you are the Mew-gish-ee-ann (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL