The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Happy Easter (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Happy Easter to all my friends! Smile JR

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Happy Easter! Is it too early to say... "He is risen"... Smile

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Yes, JR. I'm thankful for the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ! Just sayin'. Smile
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
540 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Amen! The tomb is empty!
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2014, Terry Holley wrote:
Yes, JR. I'm thankful for the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ! Just sayin'. Smile

Me too Terry!!!
Smile
JR
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Happy Easter!
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Amen! The weather was perfect yesterday here in Michigan, a wonderful Easter filled with His hope, His joy and family. This was the first year in over 31 years my wife and I did not make up an Easter basket for a child in our family, we must be gettin' old! That did not stop us from going to the Schuler's Restaurant fabulous Easter brunch in Marshall (same city where the American Museum of Magic is)- we had to walk that meal off for several hours Smile

As a total aside, I really love Barry Mitchell's new worm to caterpillar silks. It comes with a DVD song Barry does to "Puff the Magic Dragon". That routine alone is worth the price of the silks. I changed Barry words/ideas around using "The Beverly Hillbillies Theme"- I just find that tune easier to use for my bad voice. Just brilliant singing the words for a simple children's magic routine, never thought of it until I saw Barry do it at the FCM creative conference in Taylor.

Barry's idea is a gem, and the new matching caterpillar/butterfly silks with cocoon bag he sells are truly beautiful. www.BarryMitchell.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I went to church in the morning, and then had a day full of fun shows for both children and adults. For me, Easter day is important. It is all about re-birth. I see that as the message of Jesus. Sometimes in life we all have to go through a crucifixion before we have a resurrection and eventually an ascension. It is powerful, and I feel very blessed for having such an amazing life! JR

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen049.html
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
It was a blessed day.

I know you continue to do all things in and for the Glory of God.

love brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I went to church in the morning, and then had a day full of fun shows for both children and adults. For me, Easter day is important. It is all about re-birth. I see that as the message of Jesus. Sometimes in life we all have to go through a crucifixion before we have a resurrection and eventually an ascension. It is powerful, and I feel very blessed for having such an amazing life! JR

And the information shared in that link is why I stated in an earlier post: "Yes, JR. I'm thankful for the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ! Just sayin'."

Reincarnation denies the fact that Jesus physically resurrected from the dead.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
In the beginning (Genesis and John)

Jesus was, is and will be.

Lord why have You forsaken me....

leads me to two thoughts Jesus was for the first time unconnected from God
and two a pointing to an Old Testament (as He did often) verse.
This time it is in Psalms. If my memory is correct it is David's Psalm - perhaps 22 ?
Will check later.

The Temple was torn....and there was no seperation between us and the Holy of Holy.

Back in the "day" only one priest was allowed in. They say he had a rope around his body,in case he died. they would pull him out, rather than go in.

Now we have unlimited access to God.

I hope I remember this more, not just on Easter but in moments of Triumph and Fear.

love brother Harris
remembering quick to listen,
slow to speak
slow to anger....

(and hopefully slow to type
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
540 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, Terry Holley wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:

And the information shared in that link is why I stated in an earlier post: "Yes, JR. I'm thankful for the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ! Just sayin'."

Reincarnation denies the fact that Jesus physically resurrected from the dead.

The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel is a great and accessible defense for the biblical Jesus. Well worth anyone checking it out if you guys haven't already. Things like the literal existence of Jesus, the literal death of Jesus, and the literal resurrection of Jesus are discussed at length.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Just for the record, I do believe that Jesus rose from the dead...and I am talking about his physical body. I also believe in reincarnation, as some of you know. One does not negate the other. I fully respect everyone's belief and interpretation of the bible on this forum. Thank you to Harris and others for respecting mine!!! JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Of course it was the temple curtain that was torn.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Happy Easter (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL