The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » METAPH-ORACLE: By Iain Dunford (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
As I've hinted at recently in other forums and via social media, I've recently received one of our own's latest piece of work for peer review and feedback, "METAPH-ORACLE: Le Cartomantique Moderne" by Iain Dunford.

I've just returned home from my own Friday night performance so while this first thread and post may be brief, I'll be back to add more of my thoughts, feelings and how this offering has affected me both personally and professionally in no time.

Let me begin by saying CARD READINGS (and not necessarily Tarot!) are among the most approachable, commercial, practical and well understood methods for contemporary divination, reading and psychic-oriented coaching & intuitive consulting we can do or have access to. That said, Iain's latest shows us exactly how what we do isn't psychic or, if it is, doesn't necessarily have to be.

In the interests of honesty, camaraderie and total transparency, let me post some of the initial words of praise and feedback that I offered Iain as this particular gem was coming closer and closer to release:

"Your latest is ****ing shattering me right now, Iain. Thank you!"

And later that night (same reading): "A meaningful Alignment" = one of the most concise, honest and appropriate breakdowns of the G.S. patterns that I've ever seen, and this, in far fewer paragraphs and pages (the next is the one and only John Riggs, you're in excellent company, IMO!).

And again: "I shuffled a pack of cards, set it aside, lit a joint and popped a top...drew 3 cards with the intention of "show me today in whatever way I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET" and gave myself a reading based on your meanings, guideposts and insights only...I didn't want to use my own, it's biased and comfortable and has a necessary tunnel vision when it comes to reading and reflecting for one's self...and it's all spot on. Will you please do the same? Thanks in advance. My cards are (8 of Spades, Ace of Hearts & 2 of Diamonds...now read, you ***!). Smile

Iain's reply and the stream of consciousness that came through was even more shattering than reading him via his book. His feedback to me, based upon my own cards, was totally accurate, insightful, beautifully delivered and as relevant and "spot on" as one can possibly get. I loved it. I put it to use. I prospered. As such, I sent him this reply:

"I've already got and seen all I've needed to. It's excellent...to say 'well done' would be an understatement."

And again at the finish...(myself to Iain): "It's beautiful, absolutely brilliant! This feels more than "ready" and "finished" to me...it's incredible, and I mean that. I can tell a lot of love, practice, deep thought and personal feelings went into this...how else could we arrive at such results?"

I'll end this short prompting with the post I left on my FB page:

"Currently enjoying having my brain-matter WRECKED and transformed via Iain Ismyfirstname early draft of "METAPH-ORACLE: Le Cartomantique Moderne."

Brilliant mate, truly.

The first few pages alone had me pausing to break and reflect and sit astonished.

It's absolutely great. Quote me!" - JF

I meant it then and I stand by it now.

GET THIS.

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Waheeey! thank you jerome - I've very, very happy that you enjoyed it as much as you have...

it is now available here - http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/me......69623CB2

test print came today, and all is well...it will remain this price for a month, and then go up to its standard price...

thank you so much for your encouragement, advice and review sir...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You can read some sample mini-readings done to Café members here - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And a couple of quotes/comments are now in:

Greg Arce - "Those that are into readings or want to get into it will really enjoy your take on the whole process.
As usual, you give them a lot of information, methods and choices. They are getting a lot of bang for the buck.

So, as usual, I feel you have another winner here. The guys that already do this stuff will find some fascinating ideas and approaches. Those that are starting out in readings will have a great resource to pick and choose from. There's not much I can say. It's great and unique take on the whole reading idea and it will find its way into many homes."

Dr. Todd Landman - "'Iain is a master at seeing things from a seriously different angle. His use of the imagination and metaphors to create insights into personal development are second to none. His thinking is clear and his craft continues to develop in ways that put him among the very best."
I've asked to be banned
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I've read this.
I've used it.
I'll continue to use it.

Jerome taught me that readings can be mind reading.
Iain, with his aeiou, thought paths, and tarography (not to mention the acclaimed TPR) has given us a multitude of ways to approach readings, no matter what your background is.

It's terrific stuff.

Congrats Iain
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thanks, Iain. Cannot wait till it arrives, it looks great.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Ordered and waiting - with bated breath - for it.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Just finished reading meta-ph-oracle...

Brilliant! 10/10

I read a *lot* of things, but I'm always happy after reading Iains material as I always leave with questions and other things worth exploring both in the imaginative and the psychical world.

I *really* love the B*****p thingy! Genius!

So thank you for releasing this Sir it's most appreciated.

I cannot see a single 'reader' out there not enjoying this release or getting something from it.

I will be re-reading it a few times for the sheer joy, your thinking is only rivaled by the majesty of your beard!

Bravo!

- Anthony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thank you to everyone on this thread - really appreciated...

i've had a couple of emails asking for more details...so here's some:
using regular playing cards you can perform single and group readings, add more depth and flavour to your current mentalism card work, about eight or nine suggested ways in which to apply meta-ph-oracle to some classic routines (from psychometry to book tests), how to create unique objects during and after a reading for them to keep, as well as all that jerome and the others have already said...

its also neither esoteric nor psychological (if you don't want it to be), part of what I share is my current ethos and thinking on how to approach readings in the modern era... if you are happy with psychic or psychological, then fair enough... I have both sides somewhat lacking in different ways... the way I present it now is far more realistic and still remains interesting/entertaining/honest/unique...

i also explain a way of seeing a deck of cards in a different light, how to make them seem both trivial yet important or at very least, "more than" a humble deck of cards...if you wish to somehow reclaim the notion of a deck of cards being important and containing secrets, I talk about how to do that too...

and yes, you can do all of this with a borrowed deck if you wish...

the techniques taught are visual, easy to remember and give you a strong backbone to work from...the concept behind it has moved on greatly from that original 'cartomantic' document I wrote up...and has changed over the time I first mentioned it in "thought-paths" and onwards...so since then, it has transformed into meta-ph-oracle...the price will go up after a month too (thought it was easier than doing a pre-order thing, especially as its available now)...

cheers
I've asked to be banned
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This sounds quite amazing---I may just have to order this!

Regards,
Mike
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2014, insight wrote:
This sounds quite amazing---I may just have to order this!

Regards,
Mike

It's wonderful, really.

I just finished my last reading for the day and was stuck with a rather tough client with even tougher questions at the end. I just smiled, took a few deep breaths, mixed the cards as I thought back to something profound Iain wrote in those first formative chapters and came out of the reading experience and consultation in brilliant fashion.

She's happy (REALLY happy), so I'm happy. The world keeps on turning. The sitter has already called me twice on her way home to thank me. Smile

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
My order has just been placed Smile
I love Iain's thinking and his 'easy to understand' way of explaining things...looking forward to reading this.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Ordered mine today. I would have liked a pdf option. Very interested.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have just had an email from the very generous Richard Webster...

"I've read your Metaph Oracle three times now, and learned a great deal each time. I love the imagination approach to readings. I love your three card reading format. I love the ******* (that's not swearing, but an element of the process) idea, and also love the reaction these readings create in others. You've removed the whole "fortune telling" aspect of the reading, and created a process of mutual discovery. The readings are enchanting, magical, helpful, and inspirational. I'm going to use your system regularly.

Congratulations! This is a major advance in cartomancy, and should feel very proud. Thank you very much once again. I hope you do really well with this."
I've asked to be banned
macgeddert
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of macgeddert
That's enough now - Ordered Smile
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
My order is in! THANKS Iain! Smile
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
I already own Devil in Disguise by Pete Turner, which provide the framework for a 'hot reading' using playing cards.

Any owners of both care to comment how they stack up? Sadly I don't have unlimited coins, and I've made some high priced (but fantastic) purchases recently.

Thanks
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Not seen Pete's dvd - however mine isn't a hot read...

this is an entire system within itself - if you read one of my earlier posts in here, I link to a thread downstairs where I give quick little 3 card readings to people here, and you can see their honest responses too...so bear in mind, they are all in control of the situation - you can see my responses with zero information to go on, not even what they look like, how they are dressed and so on...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just to say this goes up in price in two weeks time, and fixed at that price thereafter...
I've asked to be banned
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Love this book. Perfect fit for me. =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » METAPH-ORACLE: By Iain Dunford (23 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL