The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Member (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tstrong2
View Profile
New user
Vacaville, California
11 Posts

Profile of tstrong2
My name is Tom von Strong.

I have been seeing and following links to topics in this group in some secret Facebook groups that I belong to for a while now. I was impressed with the quality and diversity of some of the more obscure topics. I finally found an email address that I have that wasn't free, although I never check it, and jumped through the link hurdles to join.
I am a lifelong hobbyist that has recently turned Child and Family Pro. Always interesting to learn vicariously though the experience of others. The day I stop learning something new, is the day that I die. So I really enjoy expanding my horizons through knowledge. I care less about seeing the latest viral kitten videos or photos on Facebook, then handing down and keeping alive the traditions of the art before it becomes lost forever. If you look hard enough you can find just about anything on the Internet. Not much of it is worth learning or remembering though.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Greetings Tom!
Yes! --When you are through learning--you are through!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome tstrong2,

Glad you could join us.

I'll probably see you in "The Little Darlings" forum.

-Mary Mowder
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Tom,

Welcome.

Hi. I think you can find inspiration for your own ideas and routines from things you see. I find inspiration from amusing stories and apply them to a magic routine. I like adult magic, so I'm looking for amusing stories that I can use in a routine for adults. For example, my daughter told me about a recent story about a Russian monkey who was being sent to alcohol rehab. When she told me this story, I said to her: "Alcohol rehab!? Where did the monkey get a wallet and car keys? Maybe they should start there. Cut out the monkey's allowance and take away the car keys!" It seems to me that there are many ways to go with a story like this combined with a magic routine. Every day, there are interesting and entertaining things in the news. I think magicians too frequently learn a few tricks and perform them basically the same way a 1000 magicians have before. It's like hearing different people sing the same five songs over and over. So, my two cents is create something original.

All the best to you in your new career.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Member (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL