The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls finally! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
61 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
So, I finally received my first cups and balls set, just an inexpensive set by Magic Makers (as well as a Telic wand), but I'm super stoked! After having practiced a bit for the last few days, I've found that I think I have a bit of a natural knack for it. I found my self 'performing' a bit at work for a couple of co-workers using some wadded beverage napkins and small styrofoam coffee cups and they were blown away! This is my first time doing anything beyond a couple of basic card or coin tricks for anyone and I loved it. I really did not expect to pull it off without screwing something up and giving away the secrets. My confidence has just skyrocketed!

Click here to view attached image.
The art of anything is taking the time to learn everything
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
Very nice! It only gets more impressive from here- the cups and balls is one of those things in magic that a: always gets good reactions and b: always has a thousand little nuances to fool the laity. Keep on practicing!
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Your enthusiasm is infectious. Thanks!
SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
61 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
Thanks guys! I wish I'd started doing this about 35 years ago lol. I'm having so much fun with this it's almost sad lol
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
331 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Nothing sad about it if you bring joy to other peoples lives with your magic! Keep at it and get out there 😉
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Vincent V.G
AKMan
View Profile
New user
Spokane, WA
55 Posts

Profile of AKMan
Very exciting. Now go one step further. Substitute a matching chop cup with one of the three and wrap a tiny neodymium magnet into one of those beverage napkins and see how much more miraculous you could be. (Two hundred years ago you’d be burned at the stake when the villagers saw what you could do.)
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Nice. I too am new to magic and the Cups and Balls has become my best routine and one that specs seem to like the most. My brother in law was so impressed that he made me a beautiful set of wooden cups. You will find that the sleights and moves you perfect with the C&B will really help in other tricks like sponge balls etc.
Happy conjuring!
SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
61 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, AKMan wrote:
Very exciting. Now go one step further. Substitute a matching chop cup with one of the three and wrap a tiny neodymium magnet into one of those beverage napkins and see how much more miraculous you could be. (Two hundred years ago you’d be burned at the stake when the villagers saw what you could do.)

I've been looking into chop cups and would absolutely love to make use one in my routines
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It only my opinion... but a chop cup should be ONLY used with a one cup routine. To me, the Cups and Balls is a classic to be used with sleight-of-hand only. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dale J. O'Neill
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I only have
127 Posts

Profile of Dale J. O'Neill
I agree withe Pete. I like to finish C&B then if they ask for more I switch to a chop cup routine.
Twist,

Magically misdirecting you, one effect at a time.....

www.misdirectionist.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
You mean you do two cups and balls routines in a row?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, Pete Biro wrote:
It only my opinion... but a chop cup should be ONLY used with a one cup routine. To me, the Cups and Balls is a classic to be used with sleight-of-hand only. Smile

Hmmm.
SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
61 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, Pete Biro wrote:

I think I could see a 'fadeout' quality for a closer there, maybe starting with the chop cup 1-ball/cup routine then expanding into the standard C/B for the big finish.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Don Alan did three routines, all nearly the same but different look in his set.
Chop Cup
Benson Bowl
Darker Shade of Malini (lump of coal under a hat).
Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls finally! (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL