The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Walletrix by Deepak Mishra and Oliver Smith (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Hi everyone,

Walletrix is a DVD that my friend Deepak and I have been working on. I hope you like it.

Demo:

http://youtu.be/hXqODIwurZ8

Description:

Medusa Change: An extremely visual bill change that happens in the blink of an eye. Imagine showing a bill inside your wallet and with no funny moves it changes. It can be done with any bills and you don’t damage your money. You can hand everything at the end. Live performances included.

Portal: This is the perfect playing card and business card transposition. A spectator selects a card and the card is then lost back in the deck. You then show your business card which vanishes and appears protruding from your wallet on the table. When you open your wallet the business card transforms into the selected card and your business card appears in your mouth. Let them examine everything at the end and keep your business card as a souvenir. Live performance included.

Jump: Make your business card jump from one compartment to another in your wallet. Easy to make and perform.

Wrong Cash: Imagine showing your wallet and with a shake a bill appears. Unfortunately the bill is not the one you wanted so you change it magically. Three handlings are taught and you can use this method to produce a blank bill and change it into a real money. Live performance included.

I-Rise: An impromptu method to make bills rise out of your wallet. No set-up required and it can be performed surrounded. Two handlings are covered on the DVD.

Copy Cat (Bonus): Make a credit card rise out your wallet and jump across to your other hand. The rise and shoot is completely under your control and the card can be immediately examined. Note: This only works with a particular type of wallet. Live performance included.
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
WalletriX is first ever dvd project which includes 6 amazing effects that can be done using a normal ordinary ungimmicked Wallet.

Whats so special in this project ?

1) 6 amazing super visual effects
2) No special skill required
3) Can be done with most everyday wallets
4) Gimmick/setup/method super easy.
5) Wallet is fully examinable at the end.
VANISS//CAPSOUL//WALLETRIX//NP-TECHNIQUE//More Coming Soon..//
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Very organic and visual stuff. I love the credit card through compartment. Definiteley picking this up!!

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
BigJRitch
View Profile
New user
Fort Smith, ARK
22 Posts

Profile of BigJRitch
Will be watching for release. Any idea where it will be released?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
So can these only be done with that specific, ungimmicked wallet? Or any ungimmicked wallet?
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
BigJRitch: Deepak has done an amazing job filming and helping to edit the explanation. We have also got the DVD cover designed and other things sorted so I hope it will be released soon. Unfortunately I cant commit to even a month but we are hoping it will be out ASAP.

Magic.Maddy: The great thing about the DVD is that all the effect (aside from the bonus trick) can be done with an everyday normal jeans pocket wallet. None of these effects require you to cut, glue or adapt your wallet in any sort of way or buy a special wallet online.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2014, oliversmith wrote:
BigJRitch: Deepak has done an amazing job filming and helping to edit the explanation. We have also got the DVD cover designed and other things sorted so I hope it will be released soon. Unfortunately I cant commit to even a month but we are hoping it will be out ASAP.

Magic.Maddy: The great thing about the DVD is that all the effect (aside from the bonus trick) can be done with an everyday normal jeans pocket wallet. None of these effects require you to cut, glue or adapt your wallet in any sort of way or buy a special wallet online.

Sounds awesome. I have a whole set of magic that stays in my wallet (I literally had enough to do a 30 min performance) these would make some great addition.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
976 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Amazing. What's best is that these can be done with any wallet. Looking forward to it!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
KJ
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
This will be released some time in May, but the specific date is still being determined. Where the Walletrix DVD is going to be released is still being determined as well.
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
@kevin - Its business card throu compartment Smile

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2014, Kevin Schaller wrote:
Very organic and visual stuff. I love the credit card through compartment. Definiteley picking this up!!

Kevin
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
This is highly recommend...very organic and visual magic. And a plus: It takes only 1-2 minutes to set up!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I have no idea what "organic" is supposed to mean. Were the cows the leather came from fed additive free food?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Mastermindreader,

Funny! You made me laugh.

I suspect you were just kidding about your post, but if someone else was really wondering...

I think organic here means that it looks like a miracle is happening with just an ordinary wallet. Something "not organic" would be if you took out a large brass chop cup from your pocket and made something turn into something else.

KJ
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On May 1, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Mastermindreader,

Funny! You made me laugh.

I suspect you were just kidding about your post, but if someone else was really wondering...

I think organic here means that it looks like a miracle is happening with just an ordinary wallet. Something "not organic" would be if you took out a large brass chop cup from your pocket and made something turn into something else.

KJ

Exactly...And Mastermindreader: That was great. Thanks for the laugh. Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I'll get picking this up. I love effects that make use of things I always carry, like my regular wallet.
KJ
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I have no idea what "organic" is supposed to mean. Were the cows the leather came from fed additive free food?

Hahaha mastermind reader that was funny !
We have used the term "organic" in terms of practicality and feasibility of the effects included in this project.Each of these effect are practical and feasible and is created for real world Smile

Deepak
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I see what you mean, but the word "organic" has become a popular buzzword in ads these days and its meaning, as can be seen by comparing your definition with 1KJ's, for example, seems to vary depending on who's using it.

Your Walletrix sounds great, though, and I wish you luck with it.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On May 4, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I see what you mean, but the word "organic" has become a popular buzzword in ads these days and its meaning, as can be seen by comparing your definition with 1KJ's, for example, seems to vary depending on who's using it.

Your Walletrix sounds great, though, and I wish you luck with it.

Good thoughts,

Bob

I completely agree with you. I have noticed that in the past few years it has been frequently used in magic product ads as well…Many have their own definition of the word "organic", and some can't even define the magic definition. Smile

Zack
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Yes, Bob, it seems that the word "organic" has been "uber" used.

I also agree that it would be good to have an agreed upon definition for the word. When you say "biddle grip", people know exactly what you are talking about. The same should apply to "organic".

When I see the word "organic", to me that means that whatever you are using is perceived as a common item: a piece of paper, a regular coin, a bill, a regular wallet, etc. When I think of things that are not "organic", I think of things like chop cups, square circles, and even silks (especially with men). How many men do you know who carry silks? And, not just in Hollywood. Now, a chop cup disguised as a regular disposable plastic solo cup, would be "organic". Some props I think fall somewhere in the middle, like playing cards. I wouldn't call an effect with playing cards "organic". While most people know what playing cards are, they are not commonly used or carried items like coins, bills, or pieces of paper.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Walletrix by Deepak Mishra and Oliver Smith (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL