The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Walletrix by Deepak Mishra and Oliver Smith (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Looking good. Wish you luck with it!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Yes, Bob, it seems that the word "organic" has been "uber" used.

I also agree that it would be good to have an agreed upon definition for the word. When you say "biddle grip", people know exactly what you are talking about. The same should apply to "organic".

When I see the word "organic", to me that means that whatever you are using is perceived as a common item: a piece of paper, a regular coin, a bill, a regular wallet, etc. When I think of things that are not "organic", I think of things like chop cups, square circles, and even silks (especially with men). How many men do you know who carry silks? And, not just in Hollywood. Now, a chop cup disguised as a regular disposable plastic solo cup, would be "organic". Some props I think fall somewhere in the middle, like playing cards. I wouldn't call an effect with playing cards "organic". While most people know what playing cards are, they are not commonly used or carried items like coins, bills, or pieces of paper.
.
KJ


The word has been given so many different meanings that it's become essentially meaningless. If someone means "magic with everyday objects," why not just say so?
Baguette
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Baguette
Because we're a generation of lazy people.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4324 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
The first time I heard or read the word "organic" was associated with the subject of food,i always feel the word seems to be used out of context.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
For better or for worse, language evolves.

I love George Carlin's bit about how "shell shock" became "battle fatigue", ... and finally "post traumatic stress disorder".

Yes, I think "organic" basically means "magic with everyday objects". Why use four words when you can convey a message with one word?

Pretty soon, it'll just be "o"... lol.

KJ
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On May 8, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Pretty soon, it'll just be "o"... lol.

KJ


Hahahaha 😂 oh gosh, let's hope we don't get that lazy! That would be sad lol
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 8, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
For better or for worse, language evolves.


Yes, I think "organic" basically means "magic with everyday objects". Why use four words when you can convey a message with one word?

Pretty soon, it'll just be "o"... lol.

KJ


The problem is that there are so many different meanings for "organic" that they rarely convey the same message as "everyday objects."

And "organic" is also used to mean that the use of a particular prop flows naturally from the premise of the effect, whether or not the prop is an everyday object.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Yes, Bob, people "now a days" are using the term to enhance the sale. Somehow, a term that no one seems to agree upon what it really means, in some way makes the effect more worthy of purchase.

When someone uses the term "organic", and in my mind that term lends no value to the description of the effect, it is a total turn off.

...

However,

In the case of this particular effect, I think "organic" (in my little mind), is appealing to me because it is magic with an ordinary wallet and ordinary money.

I am really looking forward to this for that reason.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I see I can't subscribe unless I post, so subscribed.
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Any updates on the release?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12219 Posts

Profile of John C
So we spend all this money on trick wallets. We spend all this time reviewing trick wallets. We spend all this time asking questions like, "what's the best trick wallet and what tricks do you do with it?"

And now this guy comes out with tricks for a NON GIMMICKED wallet?

Isn't it like saying aspirin is no good for us anymore? Or coffee has no benefits after all the studies.

Oh the humanity! Where do we go from here?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12219 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
So can these only be done with that specific, ungimmicked wallet? Or any ungimmicked wallet?


As long as it's organic.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
So can these only be done with that specific, ungimmicked wallet? Or any ungimmicked wallet?


As long as it's organic.


:)
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, Zack_Johnston wrote:
Any updates on the release?



Should be available within the next two weeks on Penguin, thanks.
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On May 12, 2014, oliversmith wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, Zack_Johnston wrote:
Any updates on the release?



Should be available within the next two weeks on Penguin, thanks.



Great choice!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, John C wrote:
So we spend all this money on trick wallets. We spend all this time reviewing trick wallets. We spend all this time asking questions like, "what's the best trick wallet and what tricks do you do with it?"

And now this guy comes out with tricks for a NON GIMMICKED wallet?

Isn't it like saying aspirin is no good for us anymore? Or coffee has no benefits after all the studies.

Oh the humanity! Where do we go from here?


[laugh]

Seriously, I have several gimmicked wallets, but I would rather have some effects for a non-gimmicked wallet. For example, one of my favorite card to wallet effects is the Wallet Transformer by Cameron Francis.

I don't want to carry around a $100 gimmicked wallet that is going to get worn out in a year or two when I can carry a $10 wallet and do magic with it.

This could be another great wallet effect with a regular wallet.

KJ
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, John C wrote:
So we spend all this money on trick wallets. We spend all this time reviewing trick wallets. We spend all this time asking questions like, "what's the best trick wallet and what tricks do you do with it?"

And now this guy comes out with tricks for a NON GIMMICKED wallet?

Isn't it like saying aspirin is no good for us anymore? Or coffee has no benefits after all the studies.

Oh the humanity! Where do we go from here?


[laugh]

Seriously, I have several gimmicked wallets, but I would rather have some effects for a non-gimmicked wallet. For example, one of my favorite card to wallet effects is the Wallet Transformer by Cameron Francis.

I don't want to carry around a $100 gimmicked wallet that is going to get worn out in a year or two when I can carry a $10 wallet and do magic with it.

This could be another great wallet effect with a regular wallet.

KJ


Exactly the same with me and Deepak. Deepak and I wanted to create tricks with a normal wallet as we both were not keen on carrying around a gimmicked wallet. We understand a lot of magicians like gimmicked wallets but they don't fit our style. As mentioned before, all the tricks can also be performed with a gimmicked wallet if you use one everyday.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12219 Posts

Profile of John C
I do look forward to your tricks.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
As my bud oliver said, we wanted to have pure magical effects with a normal ungimmicked pocket wallet so that the buyer don't have to buy a costly wallet that some how cost 100$ approx and let you do just one/two effect and you never end clean ?
So its a really good option for both a gimmick wallet lover and those who wants to keep it simple with their own normal daily use wallets,as these effects can be done with both Smile
VANISS//CAPSOUL//WALLETRIX//NP-TECHNIQUE//More Coming Soon..//
BigJRitch
View Profile
New user
Fort Smith, ARK
22 Posts

Profile of BigJRitch
Quote:
On May 12, 2014, oliversmith wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, Zack_Johnston wrote:
Any updates on the release?



Should be available within the next two weeks on Penguin, thanks.


Update?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Walletrix by Deepak Mishra and Oliver Smith (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL