The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ROPE, NUT &KNOT (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Vanishing Inc and Penguin both show in stock, too. Just FYI.

-Patrick
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2018, atomic111 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2014, Kbuck54 wrote:
I remember the day last week, that I mastered the self tying knot in the rope. You know the bit at the start, where you show a rope, a nut and a Knot and give the rope a little jerk and there you are. I get it at least 2 out of three tries now. Looks like real skill. L.O.L.
Lots of practice and self denile.
Keith

Hi!

I'm retired from 50 years on the road. I did a lot of ring & rope bits. I "stumbled" onto this thread, this evening.) It sounds like what my late Dennis Loomis and I called the "Will Rogers Knot (the one handed knot). I used "WR" knot for years. I'm now approaching 87 and don't have the muscular timing that I did have. so, I've "lost" the WR. Denny put out a dvd of his knot routine in 2003. He did several variations of the WR on the dvd. If it's of interest, PM me, and, I'll put you in touch with Dale Lorzo, (former Ronald MacDonald) who helped dispose of Denny's props and books when he died. Dale may still have a copy. (Oh!! It IS REAL SKILL!!!)

Dick

Dick, as someone who has "mastered" the one handed knot, I'm curious about a couple of things. One, the type of rope used has a dramatic impact on my success. I mastered the knot then went in search of more rope. Two different types of rope gave me dramatically different results. With one very worked in and soft rope, I can get it about 95 out of 100. With a newer rope (seemingly of the same size and type) I was only able to get 1 out of 10. If I started learning with the "new" rope I think I would have given up. In other words, I can do it on an expert level with one type of rope and a novice level with a different rope. Just a thought, as I'm positive you can still do it at 87! The type of rope can be demoralizing as I found out. Despite my claims of being an expert on it, I am curious what else there is to learn.

I'll try to return with some thoughts on your 'problem!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I want to see a video of you guys doing the one handed knot.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
This was never posted as playing around at home nut moves too fumbley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD_HNarc4s4
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
It looked great thanks man!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Looked great Nala, thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ROPE, NUT &KNOT (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL