The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Name of an effect (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

STM70
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of STM70
When I was a younger magician I remember watching Gerry Griffin's Complete Card Magic DVD's (a Christmas gift from my uncle) and really liked some of the tricks. As I got more into magic, I noticed that some of the effects' names were not the actual names. An example of this would be an effect from the second volume entitled "Quicker than the eye". However the effect's real name is Dr. Jack's last trick. There is an effect on the first volume that I believe is a great self working mentalism / mental magic effect called "Into the future". I'm wondering if this is the real name or if it's just a name used on the DVD and if it isn't, what is the actual name. Thanks.
dzen871
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of dzen871
I don't bother, actually I don't remember any names of effects, I know them by muscle memory or have short names for them - like "angels", "snow".
STM70
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of STM70
I just think it's nice to know the history of the effect and give the magician who came up with it some credit. It bothers me on some DVDs where the inventor isn't given any credit or where the inspiration for an effect came from.
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
674 Posts

Profile of Bulla
Quote:
On May 1, 2014, STM70 wrote:
I just think it's nice to know the history of the effect and give the magician who came up with it some credit. It bothers me on some DVDs where the inventor isn't given any credit or where the inspiration for an effect came from.

I completely agree.
Magic韵
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Magic韵
There is no means to know which name of the effect,many magician will describe the effect of the magic with the most suitable,and if you want to know more about magic,you can find some book ,such as card college,the magic way and so on ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Name of an effect (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL