The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Different quality of sponge balls (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1170 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hi all!
I have a set of four sponge balls (eh.. lost one.. three left..) and numerous other sets but they differ vastly in quality and "sponginess".
My last order was of four 1" and four 2" from a reputable dealer but this was not the expected quality.

I remember the four good balls I ordered came in a kind of red and yellow carton "tube".

Does anyone know what I am talking about?
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of David French
Yup, the "carton tube" still exists. I have found that the quality of the goshman balls has decreased over the years. Many of the balls have ridges and holes. I use the regular two inch, not the super soft. I bought a bag of 50 and from that bag can get four to six good sets of four... I then have a few back up sets.

Hope this helps.

David
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1170 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thank you very much David! So my guess is that the carton tube is Goshman balls?
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I've checked out a few sets of Goshman sponge balls to find that they have flat spots on them. So I agree, the quality control just isn't there anymore.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of David French
Yes, Goshman sells them in the carton tube...however I think there are other manufactures that do as well. If you look specifically for Goshman you should be okay.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Before Goshman we used to buy sponges and cut our own. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1576 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I bought a few from Jay Scott Berry at a lecture.
They were amazing. I don't know where he gets them but he sells them on his website.
Ihor
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1744 Posts

Profile of wally
I am looking for a decent set of sponge ball. just been watching pat page dvd,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Different quality of sponge balls (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL