The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Madison Said book by Daniel Madison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

longophoto
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of longophoto
I want to preface this by stating this is my first post here, and I apologize if I'm breaking any rules.

I'm writing this simply because I'm out of ideas, and I figured I'd go directly to the community for answers. My problem is I sent Daniel Madison, in December 2013, money to pre-order his new book "Madison Said" --which was meant to ship in January 2014. It's now almost May, and I still never received it. I emailed him 4 times to several of his email address, with no response. It's also too late to open up a case with PayPal against the transaction.

I feel like I was scammed out of my money. I really do respect and admire his work, but now I feel a little cheated (pun intended). Does anyone have any insight into this?
I really appreciate any feedback. Sorry again if I'm breaking any rules of the forum. Thank you.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I doubt if anyone has any insight into it, who knows what might have happened, lost in the mail, wrong email addresses, who knows... have you tried the obvious steps of facebook and sending him a message there? that way you know when he's read it..
I've asked to be banned
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
"Madison Said" has never been advertised on Magic Café (if it has, please post a link), and I see that this is your first post. Your story sounds a bit fishy.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2014, longophoto wrote:
I want to preface this by stating this is my first post here, and I apologize if I'm breaking any rules.

I'm writing this simply because I'm out of ideas, and I figured I'd go directly to the community for answers. My problem is I sent Daniel Madison, in December 2013, money to pre-order his new book "Madison Said" --which was meant to ship in January 2014. It's now almost May, and I still never received it. I emailed him 4 times to several of his email address, with no response. It's also too late to open up a case with PayPal against the transaction.

I feel like I was scammed out of my money. I really do respect and admire his work, but now I feel a little cheated (pun intended). Does anyone have any insight into this?
I really appreciate any feedback. Sorry again if I'm breaking any rules of the forum. Thank you.
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
It has definitely been discussed before on this site.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Any update here?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
longophoto
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of longophoto
I was assuming it was lost in transit, but since I never received confirmation of shipment, perhaps it's never been shipped. I actually never thought of sending him a Facebook message, I'll do that now.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Link?

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Apr 27, 2014, nooner wrote:
It has definitely been discussed before on this site.
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, insight wrote:
Link?

Regards,
Mike

From the Café Quicksearch : http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110
longophoto
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of longophoto
I couldn't directly send him a message, but I posted my question to his Facebook page. It was a couple days ago, so now I'm waiting for a response. I doubt I'll receive an answer there. I did a bit more research and saw that some people have received their books, which leads me to believe my pre order got lost somehow. Either way, it's horrible customer service, and I'm honestly a little disappointed. I know it sounds stupid to cry over my lost $50, but it's the principle that matters. I understand things happen and orders can get lost, but you can't just ignore it... The lack of communication and customer service on his end makes me no longer wish to support him. Please forgive me if I should be posting this in the topic already opened...
vargoj
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of vargoj
Where can I get the book "madison said"? I cannot find it
longophoto
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of longophoto
**UPDATE**

After about 7 months and several unanswered emails, I finally received a response. His email included a tracking number for the book, and after a week, the package arrived safely. He also included another one of his books as a surprise, which was a nice gesture.

So how is the book you ask? It's very cool, and well worth the wait in my opinion (okay maybe not a 7 month wait). It's a very unique book for a very niche audience. It's a very minimal book. Each page has one single quote (100 total). And that's it. That being said, those who enjoy this kind of thing will really love this book.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Chapter 1

Those who wait will be rewarded---Brehaut
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Madison Said book by Daniel Madison (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL