The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Derek Dingle Passed Away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
This from Meir Yedid:

"Legendary close-up magician Derek Dingle died earlier today (Jan. 11, 2004)in New York City after suffering a stroke. A full obituary will appear in a special edition of MagicTimes and a further e-mail will be sent once it is published later tonight."
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
NO WAY!!! This is crazy....

Just read The Complete Works a couple months ago.

Magic has lost another great.

Chris
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
This is sad. Smile He, his magic, and his ideas will be missed.

Bummed out,

Rob
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
And the magic world is poorer for his passing.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Wow...what a shock. I'll add my condolences to, what I know will be, the growing list of people who will miss him.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
Very sad news.

I always wanted to see him work. I never had a chance to though. The magic world has lost a most valuable member.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What a sad day for us all. Aside from his talent, Derek was one of the nicest people on the planet. We'll all miss him!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I'm saddened by the news also. May God be with his family and friends. We'll miss him.

Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6251 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I'll always remember the way this man changed my perception of magic when I saw him perform on a TV show many, many years ago.

A living legend has left us. Let's never forget what he gave to the world of magic.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
I am saddened to learn this as well. Derek Dingle performed once on a late night TV show that was hosted by Tom Synder in the 1970s. I watched him do a couple of superb card routines on that program. His performance was the first expert card magician I had ever seen, and from that moment on I became interested in card margic. One of my favorite little books is Dingle's Deceptions. I remember finding it in Hank Lee's shop in Boston and was thrilled. I still do his Color Triumphant.

Gary

Smile
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
God Bless Derek. He was very kind to many people, me included. I have fond memories of those kindnesses. The world has lost a wonderful man.

PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
I also wanted to offer my heartfelt condolences for the passing of Derek Dingle. He was an amazing magician and a fabulous human. He will be greatly missed.

I think that we keep those who touch our lives with us by the way that we remember them. I will always hold onto the stories of Mr. Dingle fooling people with their own Cigarette Through Quarter gimmicks and the “one-way deck classic pass”—these stories, even today, put a grin on my face that goes from ear to ear.

Tonight, I, like the rest of you, will be thinking of Derek, his family, his close friends and all those inside and out of the magic community whose lives he touched.

Yours truly,
Eric Starkey
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
The real magic comes following the passing of good men. It comes from the gathering of his friends.

There are many who will gather for this man and tell their stories for a very long time. Smile
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Derek Dingle was one of the first magicians I saw on video from Stars of Magic series. He will be truly missed. Smile Smile Smile
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
I had the distinct pleasure of chatting with him a few times as well as working for his agency. What a very sad day.

Jason

Quote:
To die, to sleep...To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay there's the rub, for in that sleep of death what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause...
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
My condolences too from Spain. In five days, we have lost two of the best cardicians and close-up magicians in the world, Jose Carroll and Derek Dingle. I´m very sad about it.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Pablo

If you add Jack Avis to that list, magic has lost THREE of the best in the space of a week. Smile Smile Smile

Peter
:(
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
992 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Can anyone set forth some of Derek's biography, including magic and non-magic highlights (e.g., DOB, occupation, etc.)?

Gianni
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Smile
Drive Carefully
harp
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
70 Posts

Profile of harp
One of my earliest influences from the Stars of Magic video. Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of meeting him.

Harp
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Derek Dingle Passed Away (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL