The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Trisector (is is the English version or not) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magringo
View Profile
Special user
Sad that all I have is a scant
580 Posts

Profile of magringo
Hi there.. I'm selling Trisector for a friend of mine who has had it for years and years. He's not expert on Tenyo and neither am I. The instructions are only in English and they've got a date on them of 1996. I'm assuming it's the real deal that this is the English version (and is collectable) rather than a much newer and still produced -- made and shipped from Japan... How can I tell? I want to be honest in selling this item on the Café and for my friend.

Thanks much
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
If the bill in the apparatus is a USD it's the English version, if it's Japanese it's the Japanese version Smile You'll also be able to see it on the packaging.

Most people don't really care that much if they buy the Japanese version (apart from having a nice English, older packaging if they are true collectors). You can change the Yen with any bill if it has the correct dimensions (more or less of course). The English instructions explain how to do that, I don't know if the Japanese do/did.

You can be pretty sure yours is the English version if is is years old, I can't imagine your friend buying a Japanese version back then, unless he bought in in Japan of course Smile
magringo
View Profile
Special user
Sad that all I have is a scant
580 Posts

Profile of magringo
Hey thanks David!!!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2416 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
David is correct on all points: Tenyo still sells "Trisector" in Japan for about $15 and it is identical to all earlier versions. All you need to do is switch the fake portions of the bill, and the instructions explain how to disassemble the entire prop, which is fun if you're a real Tenyo nut. Earlier so-called "English" versions are no different, which is why "Trisector" has little collectible value. Lots of folks will send you a pdf of the English instructions if necessary.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Trisector (is is the English version or not) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL