The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » SHURE GLX-D Wireless System. Anyone use one??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Hi Gang!

I am thinking about purchasing a Shure GLX-D Wirelwss System with Headset Mic,
and was wondering if ANYONE here on the MC has used one or has any experience with one?

Would love to hear from you!

Thanks!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
I have it and love it. I bought it because I was getting increased interferance on my Shure SLX, especially at outdoor shows. I really like the rechargeable bateries and the rugged ocnstruction of the body pack. I have yet to come close to running the batteries out. I have also had zero interferance. There are tow things I dislike about it. I don't like that there isn't a mute button, and it does take a moment for it to resynch when turned on. In addiiton, it has to be siz feet away from the SLX receiver or it will get interferance. Otherwise, I really reccomend this mic. I got mine from Full Compass Systems and paid around $560 for the package including the Shure MX153 headset (you have to call them and talk to a sales rep to get the low prices).
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I've sold several. No complaints so far.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Awesome!
Thanks so much for the info folks!

I think I will take the plunge and get one.

I see that they also have several headsets available that are compatable with the GLX-D System, (PG30, PG31, SM35, ect...)

Is one better than the other?

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
I like the MX153. It is low profile, has good sound, and is affordable. However, it can be delicate (which is the case with all the smaller, low profile headset mics). For me, they last about one year before needing repairs. I buy it with a credit card with extended warranty which ensures that I'm always covered because it will never last two years. I do a straight jacket escape, and that puts a lot of stress on it. It also only fits over one ear, so I need to use a piece of small, clear medical tape to keep it in place.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Ordered the Shure GLX-D System today!

Will post a review & my thoughts once I get to play with it.

=Frank=

Frank Thurston

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » SHURE GLX-D Wireless System. Anyone use one??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL