The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Free effect with Chinese Linking Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I was given an old Chinese linking rings last night and it came bundled with a free card trick that consists of 6 cards. One of the cards has the ESP cross on it and the other 5 cards have pictures of 5 different faces on them with a small ESP symbol in the left hand corner. There is also an instruction sheet in Japanese. I don't recall Tenyo ever giving away a free trick with a trick before. It's the Japanese packaging and it has a sticker on the bottom right hand corner which I presume is advertising the free trick. Anyone know anything about this?
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
The trick is calles Psychic Battle ESP. It was originally the first "Special" trick released in 1996.
At some point Tenyo decided to give away a free bonus with some of their tricks and included Psychic Battle with Linking Rings for a short period of time.
If I remember correctly the other tricks that came with free bonuses were Dynamic Coins which came with Dream Psycometry (1999 special) and Magic Cards which came with a small trick called Super Rising Card.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Good detective work, Elliott, you are correct!
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Great work indeed! Thanks for the info. Don't suppose anyone has English instructions of Psychic Battle?
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I don't have English instructions but I think I've basically figured out how the routine is supposed to go. I'll pm you the details and you could let me know if it sounds right to you. Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
English instructions for Psychic Battle ESP don't exist.
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Thanks for your replies. And the great detective work!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Free effect with Chinese Linking Rings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL