The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic SMS 2 iPhone App (iOS7 edition) (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Even if I "embrace" 24 time , it doesn't mean that my spectators won't find it unusual.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Hey sleightofhander. The app matches like for like with whatever time format you have enabled in Settings/General/Date & Time.

If you have 24 hour time enabled, 6.45pm will show as 18.45 in both the real lock screen and fake lock screen. If you have 24 hour time disabled, 6.45pm will show as 06.45 in both the real lock screen and fake lock screen. Am afraid if you don't like the leading 0, you will have to have a word with Apple Smile

Angelo this is just not true in America. The zero is dropped in the settings. I can show you a screen shot if you like. I didn't cause a stir because it is only a minor flaw to me. If the phone is from America having a.m/ p.m with the first zero is not an option. IUYM let's you change this to reflect what we see in America but the time looks off set not centered as it is on my iPhone.

In a perfect world the app face would match what is on my actual face but unless I choose 24 hour time (which is not the American standard) this just can't be done. It has never been questioned in performance but if you are striving for perfection in the app that would be one thing to change.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
That's strange but also good to know Gordon. I only ever tested it by changing the time format without changing the region. Will test it now with US region. Am sure this can easily be fixed in the next update which will also support the German language. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Gordon. Had no idea. Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10261 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, sleightofhander wrote:
Even if I "embrace" 24 time , it doesn't mean that my spectators won't find it unusual.

I'm sure it's the first thing they'll notice.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Gordon and Mark. You are indeed both right and I apologise. The app should automatically detect your region and time format. This bug will be fixed in the next update.
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Thanks Gordon and Angelo.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
302 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Sory if someone already asking about this... But can the replied sms adapted to any languange ? I'm from indonesia and it seems little bit weird if I perform this with english because english is'nt our native language...

Thanks.... I'm interesting about this...
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

I am pleased to say the German version of Magic SMS 2 is now live in the store.

If you download it and like it, please review in iTunes. Also please share with other German friends/magicians and on German magic forums.

Thank you!

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/magic-sm......s=1&mt=8
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1590 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Just bought this and cannot wait. I bought the first one too late and it was not current with the iOS I had. This one will work perfect as I loved the input method of the first. Thanks for updating this. As for the 24 hour time. It is called military time and easily explained as I was in the military and decided to keep it. O 400 hours. Is 0400.

Patrick
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Fyi, the US time bug has been fixed. No more 0 before am time. Latest update has been uploaded to Apple and awaiting review.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Fyi, the US time bug has been fixed. No more 0 before am time. Latest update has been uploaded to Apple and awaiting review.

Very cool Angelo thanks for continuously improving this great app.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1590 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Awesome App!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Cheers! A review on itunes would be most appreciated Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10261 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have left feedback too. Brilliant app.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I gave this app a great review in the September issue of The Linking Ring. Check it out!
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1590 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Left one as this is a great app. I don't leave comments on the AppStore at all. This is my new favorite app.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10261 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is there a way to disable the lock screen sounds and key clicks within the app settings? I do not have them enabled by default on my phone as I find them all bloody annoying.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
My problem with these kinds of effects is any of us using it are presenting ourselves as magicians, mentalists, psychics, etc. So to have another performer perform for your spectator via text message... what does that say about you? You're basically saying "I know you hired me for your gig, but I know someone so much better. Let's text them and have them perform for you instead." If I was the event planner I'd want to know if the person on the other end of that phone is available for future gigs, not the guy that showed up just to walk around holding a phone while the real mentalist did all the work on the other side. The app sounds brilliant; I'm just not sure the framing is right for the performer using it.

Thoughts?
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Pegasus you can use the silent button on your phone to disable any sounds but then you wont hear the SMS coming through. You can either have all sounds or no sounds but alas you can't pick and choose.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Exitmat there are around 11 routines in the Magic SMS 2 instructions. Some of the routines are made to make the performer get all the credit and not the SMS friend. You can pick and choose which presentation to use. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic SMS 2 iPhone App (iOS7 edition) (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL