The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic SMS 2 iPhone App (iOS7 edition) (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10262 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2014, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Pegasus you can use the silent button on your phone to disable any sounds but then you wont hear the SMS coming through. You can either have all sounds or no sounds but alas you can't pick and choose.

Ok thanks. Perhaps a future update could fix this?
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2014, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Exitmat there are around 11 routines in the Magic SMS 2 instructions. Some of the routines are made to make the performer get all the credit and not the SMS friend. You can pick and choose which presentation to use. Smile

Thanks for the reply, Angelo. Much appreciated. Can you describe how these alternate routines play for the spectator?

Thanks. Smile
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Hey Exitmat I do t want to get into specifics on an open forum but I will PM you a couple of my routines where the magician gets the credit.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Just purchased...I'm an iphone newb but have been trying to go through the setup...main thing is getting TEST worded on my home screen. Having to power off, delete app and reinstall to get back to the set up instructions. Anyone have advice please PM me. Thanks.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I PMd you Steve.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
861 Posts

Profile of boydy
I have this and am wrong in saying it's restricted to playing cards?
I thought the newer version would enable your texter to name names, places and such. Is that asking too much?

Al
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Well, I've gotten through my initial setup humps (mostly caused by ME) and I can say that this is going to blow people away. Nice little subtleties sprinkled throughout to make this very convincing. Been scared of using a magic app because my initial concern was that it would scream "electronic gimmickery." This is made so that everything seems "everyday natural." Super, Angelo!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Boydy the app only works with cards and colours. However there is nothing to say there may be an option to customise the results in the future.

Steve glad you like the app and I hope you fry some minds with it 😃
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Important information: Magic SMS 2 is not YET compatible with IOS 8. If you would like to continue using the app, please do not update to IOS 8 just yet. My developer is working hard to fix a glitch. It may be wise to check with your other magic apps to see if they will work too! By Apple adding features to the new OS they are breaking existing elements for developers.

I ask you kindly to please give us some time.

Thank you very much!
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
720 Posts

Profile of egoli
My new iPhone 6 in a couple of days will come with IOS 8 loaded. I'm sure this is not the only app that will have to play catch up.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
861 Posts

Profile of boydy
Yes, I've had the App a while now and just updated it. But it would be greater if it could predict names,places etc. Not that I'm complaining. I think it's great.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Good news! The iOS 8 version is now ready to download. Check your updates. Sorry for the delay.
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
I purchased Magic SMS2 about a month ago just AFTER upgrading to iOS8. Angelo's PM mailbox is full and rejecting inquiries, so I'll post here in hopes of help. I have been happy to wait for the iOS8 version and see that it's now here. The problem is, I was never able to launch and use the original app beyond preliminary set up, and now when I launch it the faux Home Screen appears but I cannot get to the instructions. I've forgotten how to get into it to re-learn the instructions and procedures... Feel like a dope for not writing notes before setting it up, but I figured I'd be able to use it, learn it, and master it (like riding a bike?!) Can some kind colleague please give me a steer to find the instructions screen? Many thanks.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4131 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Click on the icon in the far upper left corner of the fake screen... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
Bingo! Thanks
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4131 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Wellcome Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Just picked this up ,I got to say it’s one of my best apps I bought ,a third of the price of the stranger app ,and equally as powerful I bet ,great reactions thankyou
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Good news especially for Android users. Magic SMS is back for both iOS and Android users.

Announcement:

Magic SMS is back and for the first time ever on Android too! Yes iOS AND Android (Inc Huawei AppGallery).

I had to find a new developer and luckily Alessandro Albergo contacted me out of the blue and wanted to bring Magic SMS on the market. I said yes. Little did I know at the time he could also code for Android. As an Android user myself, I can't tell you how happy I am to have my own trick I first released in 2011 now on my daily phone. Alessandro has been a joy to work with and is very fast. Thank you Alessandro!

A few things... for iOS users there is a new name for the app. It's now called Psychic Prediction but believe me it's still the exact Magic SMS effect and method. The reason for the name change is Apple have been giving my developer a hard time rejecting the app way too much as they consider the app could be used to decieve people. The exact same app they approved in 2011 and all its updates. Go figure. For iPhone users just be sure to turn off the theme in settings to get the iOS UI. Yes we even had to make the app not look like their UI in order to get approved. So many hoops we had to go through.

Android users don't have this issue. Google were much easier to work with.

For Android users you need to purchase a license code. This is to protect the app as APKs can easily be pirated. For iPhone users you just purchase the app directly from the App Store.

Purchases? Yes sadly as a new developer was involved the iOS app had to be made from scratch. So of course his time needs to be accounted for and the app has to be sold and unfortunately this time no free upgrades from Magic SMS 2. However for the amount of money you spent on the last app, I am positive your money's worth was well spent over the years of use you had. I mean nowadays you can spend the cost of an app on a meal or two which is gone just like that.

I hope you understand. It was this way or no app at all. Be sure to know, any future updates will of course be free for both OSs.

Details of how to get the app can be found here:

http://magic.alessandroalbergo.it/
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2775 Posts

Profile of magicmind
"It's now called Psychic Prediction" Psychic prediction is not found in the app store iOS.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2022, magicmind wrote:
"It's now called Psychic Prediction" Psychic prediction is not found in the app store iOS.

Click on the link in the above post, then about half way down the site it will have both the Apple and play store icons. Click Apple AppStore icon and it will take you to the app to purchase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic SMS 2 iPhone App (iOS7 edition) (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL