The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hopping Halves Sun Moon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
Hello. I am just exploring some coing magic and I have been reading about Hopping Halves and the Sun Moon trick. I am a bit confused. If you have a hopping halve set, can you do the sun moon trick? Thanks.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2020 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Yes. Hopping Halves is a "superset" of Sun and Moon.

You should also note that while there may be a particular "signature" effect done with each of these coin sets, they are much more than a single "trick", but rather very versatile tools that can be used in an almost limitless number of effects.

The Hopping Halves is generally considered the "best bang for the buck" when it comes to coin gaffs in terms of the options it gives you.

That said, if you're looking for something that's completely self-working, you'll most likely be limited mainly to the "signature" effects.
budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
Thank you for answering my question. I don't think I will have a problem with doing self-working stuff. I actually enjoying trying to find new ways to use what I have. I am confident I will keep trying to dream about how to use these. I am just starting in coin magic and I don't know anything but if it is like my passion for cards, I will find my effect.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27073 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There is much better than "and when I opened my hand" to do with the gaff set. think about the gaff in context of a coin assembly or using it to simply multiply money as in the Hoffmann item. enjoy your explorations.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2708 Posts

Profile of John Long
Be aware that not all HH sets have the same gaffs. You should try to get gaffs that use e-['s. They are much more versatile and will run around $50. If a set sell for ~$35 it probably does not use e-['s
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5310 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I think Johnson only sells one type (can't find any of their real silver stuff anymore); isn't Johnson's HH set delivered with expanded shells?

Thanks!

Jim
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Yes, Johnson's set comes with two expanded and one regular [s. Best deal in coin magic, period.

Odd, I just checked over at Johnson's site; can't seem to find their HH set (?)
dj
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of dj
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hopping Halves Sun Moon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL