The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Interesting find on Ebay...check this out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
916 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
Notice anything interesting about the "Mind Reading Blackboard"?

:-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Astonishing-P......86716488

Anyone know the deal here?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
On the cards you can clearly see 'Eddy's Magic'. Eddy's Magic sold a few Tenyo tricks with their brand name on them. Some say they bought a bunch from Tenyo and put them in their own boxes, some say they bought molds from Tenyo and made them themselves and a few think they just copied the items. From my experience the tricks in Eddy's Magic that resemble Tenyo are of equal quality (but I don't have a lot experience with them).

I never saw an Eddy's version of Occult Board, which makes me think you will not get a quality Spirit Slate trick. This is a good set for children I believe, but for that price you really can't expect to get good quality items. I actually almost can't believe the price, especially when you look up shipping cost ... it's almost for free!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2416 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The truth about what happened between Tenyo and Eddy's Magic will never be made public.
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
916 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
Thanks, yeah. Was an interesting find...
I wonder if the Occult Board in the above mentioned link is the same quality. It appears at face-value to be very similar.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Quote:
On May 3, 2014, Richard Kaufman wrote:
The truth about what happened between Tenyo and Eddy's Magic will never be made public.

What makes you say that Richard? I worked there when they first introduced Tenyo under the Eddy's Magic range and never saw anything that couldn't be made public. I still have in my possession a list of every trick they stocked from Tenyo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Interesting find on Ebay...check this out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL