The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The devil's pack of cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
So here's my idea:
Just purchased an extension set and wild tarot from Cardshark, and want to use them for a card game with the devil routine. Start by dealing six devil cards and a lone magician.
Well, you're pretty good old sod, the magician says. then changes each devil card into a different card, adapting script to the changes.
Now here's my question:
The first part is easy, in fact stronger than the Cardshark routine because you can convincingly show 6 devils per the standard wild card routine. But the traditional turnovers, etc, rely on the the card being changed into ad uplifts of the one you already have. Can anyone point me in the direction of handlings for changing six of the same into six different.
I think there's any number of cool routines that could come from this and am happy to share ideas .... Got a lot of script already, but I'm not a card guy (can do the five basic slights, but don't do a lot of card work) and I'd love some handling ideas on the changes, though probably not ready to tackle tommy wonder routine or anything.
Marc
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
If you plan to use wild card ideas Tom Dobrowsky routine is very good with the whole routine done in the hands, another nice routine is Shigeo Takagi that is in the table but the moves are very elegant and the display is very nice. Of course both use wild card moves (no glides)
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Marc, you might want to check out Christian Chelman's Paradise Lost:

http://www.hauntiques.com/
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Great suggestions, and thanks Vic for the reference to chelman. Looks like I could learn a lot here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The devil's pack of cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL