The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with Phoenix double deckers (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Imind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Imind
I was wondering what kind of pen people are using when they write on them so it doesn't bleed through. When I wrote on my protea cards which is thicker than phoenix,the ink bled through.

Thanks
Imind
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Maybe for something that thin, best to stay away from the signed card route.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5467 Posts

Profile of videoman
I wouldn't think the OP would be having DD's signed but who knows. There are a lot of effects however where some kind of marking on the back is desired, such as the Phil deck, etc.
I recently made up some DD's that needed to be "marked" for an effect, but I didn't write them on, instead I used black self adhesive vinyl and cut them out on a computerized cutter. Fortunately I only needed a few cards and not an entire deck.
Sorry I can't be of more help but I haven't experimented with any pens or markers on DD's. Hopefully someone else can shed some light.
Imind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Imind
The reason that I will write upon them, is because I'm going to make the superb trick trilogy even cleaner. So I need to have numbers on them.

Thanks
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
A cleaner version of "Trilogy" is Gary Jones' "Duality", which I believe is still available at Top Secret Magic.

And, using a Phoenix DD Deck makes it even cleaner. No limitations. Any card and any number can be named.

Personally, I've never had any problems using a broad tipped marker to number the Phoenix cards.

Robert
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Yes, Sharpie pens work fine on Double Deckers, and if you go for a Sharpie King Size, the numbers will be very visible even in large distance.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, Card-Shark wrote:
Yes, Sharpie pens work fine on Double Deckers, and if you go for a Sharpie King Size, the numbers will be very visible even in large distance.

I haven't had a problem with bleed through of Sharpie ink. I HAVE had issues with wet ink sticking cards together and transferring onto the wrong surface of a facing card. Spent a lot of time with a pencil erase and my Rule of Three DD cleaning up transferred specs of ink. Learned a valuable lesson--make darn sure ink-marked cards are thoroughly dry before reassembling the deck.

Les
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, Robert M wrote:
A cleaner version of "Trilogy" is Gary Jones' "Duality", which I believe is still available at Top Secret Magic.

And, using a Phoenix DD Deck makes it even cleaner. No limitations. Any card and any number can be named.

Personally, I've never had any problems using a broad tipped marker to number the Phoenix cards.

Robert

Robert many thanks for tipping this to me some years ago - it remains a favorite.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Check out our newest release called NUMB, where four cards are chosen by four spectators. Works great on stage, Roger Nicot performed it at this year's FFFF.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, Card-Shark wrote:
Check out our newest release called NUMB, where four cards are chosen by four spectators. Works great on stage, Roger Nicot performed it at this year's FFFF.

This looks nice - appears to be a DD variation on something like Cataclysm.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JFmagic
View Profile
New user
Ithaca, NY
75 Posts

Profile of JFmagic
If I were you I would not ruin those! What kind of routine would you do with them?
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
The Card-Shark site has a free writeup on tricks using the various flavors of DDs, some involve marking the cards.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1093 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Christian showed me NUMB at the IBM/SAM convention in St. Louis… what a great trick!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with Phoenix double deckers (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL