The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » What do YOU consider the most difficult escape ever performed by any escapologist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Interested to know your thoughts, especially the professional escape artists here...

I'm not one but for me, it is always those escapes done when jumping out of an airplane.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Getting in a tank of water and ... HAY.... Didn't you do that on IGT?
Where's the link?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, jay leslie wrote:
Getting in a tank of water and ... HAY.... Didn't you do that on IGT?
Where's the link?

Not yet... Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
All I can find is this. http://ahamimokhi.wordpress.com/2009/08/......sionist/
can you tell me what language it is so I can translate it please.
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Interested to know your thoughts, especially the professional escape artists here...

I'm not one but for me, it is always those escapes done when jumping out of an airplane.

Hmmm... um, YES, that's right, that has to be one of the craziest things someone would ever do. Right on Smile

http://phildalton.com/skychains.html

Phil
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Just cus you were chained up some miserable so and so decided to steal your shoes! Hardly a nice thing to do!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, freefallillusion1 wrote:
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

Hmmm... um, YES, that's right, that has to be one of the craziest things someone would ever do. Right on Smile

http://phildalton.com/skychains.html

Phil

Smile Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:
All I can find is this. http://ahamimokhi.wordpress.com/2009/08/......sionist/
can you tell me what language it is so I can translate it please.

That's Bahasa Malaysia.

And that page is just basic Magic.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Thank you for that, what is your involvement in IGT ? Do you have a link to something to watch?
If the Escape artist knows his stuff, no escape is 'the most dangerous' just perceieved that way by the audience, that said, escapes under water, with fire and falling can end badly. But usually 'supidity' is the most dangerous thing to enter into the escape art.

examples; using an already cracked acrylic coffin for a buried alive with cement. USD SJ on fire with petrol and just a nylon rope.
Both of these ending in a shock "I didn't expect that!" outcome kind of thought until everything went dark.

Ian
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The most difficult and the most dangerous aren't the same. Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
My mistake, thanks for correcting me.

Most difficult ............ escaping from two bean giant handcuffs locked keyhole to keyhole. All the escapes I mentioned previously are therefore easy, if degree of difficulty is the criteria.
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
Quote:
On May 8, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:
My mistake, thanks for correcting me.

Most difficult ............ escaping from two bean giant handcuffs locked keyhole to keyhole...

...behind the back...
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Once, I did a full-body mummy-wrap with duct tape. The only parts exposed were chin to nose.

It was tight. It was painful. I had to chew my way out.

I do not recommend duct tape as dental floss. It has a vile taste, and takes a couple of days to dislodge.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On May 8, 2014, Harley Newman wrote:
Once, I did a full-body mummy-wrap with duct tape. The only parts exposed were chin to nose.

I do not recommend duct tape as dental floss. It has a vile taste, and takes a couple of days to dislodge.

Smile Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:

It seems my friends DIY philosophy of 'you only need duck tape and you can fix anything!" Is officially wrong! It can't 'fix' Mr Harley Newman in one place for long!!!!! Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:

It seems my friends DIY philosophy of 'you only need duck tape and you can fix anything!" Is officially wrong! It can't 'fix' Mr Harley Newman in one place for long!!!!! Smile

Darn auto correct on iPad that should be duct tape.....
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Exert from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma......erything

The etymology of the word and whether it originated as "duck" tape is unclearnote . Not to be confused with scotch tape, although egregious use of duct tape can function as Scotch Tape. International names include "silver tape" in Latin America, "gum tape" (gamu teepu) in Japan, "roadie tape" and "Jesus tape" (because it performs miracles) in Finland, "American tape" in Spain and Italy, "Panzertape" (armor tape/tank tape) in Germany, and "weave tape" or "silver tape" in Sweden, blue "isolenta" ("insulation tape") in Russia. In England, it may be (mistakenly) called "gaffernote tape".{END}

Some times considered ‘The Force” [ref:Star wars] as in binds and holds the universe together.

no good for ducks but handy for guinea pigs.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think it comes from "duct", as in...used to seal the joints of the duct-work in air-heating and cooling systems.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Another exert from Exert from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma......erything

A plastic adhesive tape,................ , originally created to seal ammunition boxes in World War II, .............................

Rather ironically, Duct Tape actually sucks at sealing ducts .............
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Buried up to the neck in wet beach sand where the tide keeps it wet.
I don't know of any escapist trying to beat it, but the Mythbusters proved it really does work to incapacitate the subject.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » What do YOU consider the most difficult escape ever performed by any escapologist? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL