The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Hands free remote for OneTrack (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Hi Guys,

After reading many threads and reviews, I think I will be going with OneTrack. Does anyone have any experience using a hands free device with onetrack? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We use One Track for one of our shows. We don't use a hands device...yet. So I'm interested to hear about auctions for it as well. Regarding One Track, it works very well for our show.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Do you mean hands free device?

Mike
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Mike,

Not sure what you mean by hands free device. Are you talking about a Parrot Car Kit type device.

Send a link.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1832 Posts

Yes, I meant a hands free device.
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Gothike,

By hands free, I mean either some sort of toe switch or other method besides using your hands to control the music.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Presently the only hands free remote for Apple will run over $600.00

The ShowCues people have been promising a ankle switch Ijet remote for months. Some people are beta testing from what I have read.

My advice, buy the Ijet and press the buttons with your hand till they release the ankle switch that they have been promising.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Alright, thank you. What about a one touch button that is easy (a simple tap from your hand, where the device is in your pocket) to press without looking/no effort? From my searching, all I have found are the remotes that resemble a keyless car remote.

Thanks,

Mike
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1832 Posts

Mike,
The remote you described is what we use. We use the iNav Boss 2 remote. The remote is in my pocket and I can hit play, pause, next track, volume up & volume down with just a touch of my finger thru the outside of my pocket. If you are still concerned about hitting the wrong button, then you can do what a friend of ours does: Glue a bead or anything you want to the play button.

Hope that helps
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Great idea! Thx
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The Show Cues magnetic switch has been available for a several months now. See Shawn Popp at Conjuringcabinet.com.

Also we are working with another company on an amazing new product to work with Show Cues. So stay tuned, hopefully this summer.

Mahalo,
Carl

http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
I'm in Conjuring Cabinet and I see no ankle remote. Am I searching with the wrong keyword.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The ankle remote is not listed it is automatically built into our remote now.
The remote has a magnetic switch and you are not limited to just your ankle. You could use is that way but another idea was to put it in your pocket and touch your pocket with a PK ring.
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
A colleague has his remote attached to his mic stand. When he needs music during a straight jacket escape, he has a magnet fixed inside the sleeve of the jacket which he brushes past the remote. Simple!
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
This is a little counter logical.

The magnetic reed switch has been available for a while and no public announcement. From what I am understanding above.

Then a simple update of the description in the shopping cart is missing.

Did I miss a Announcement Post?
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
We have quite a few users using it but we have not made a public announcement because there is something even bigger and better coming soon. Those that want it can get what we have now but the wait will be worth if for the new hardware. While the NDA will not let me discuss it here, trust me it's going to be huge! A combination of the best software and best hardware will be awesome! Again if you cannot wait until this summer, go ahead and order the existing remote from conjuringcabinet.com. Thanks for your support!
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Everyone,

Carl has an excellent idea with developing both a hardware and software music player solution... Cue Command has been offering that for nearly a year. Instead of waiting, Cue Command is available right now: www.DeceptivelySimple.com

For information on competitive product offerings, check this out: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/comparisons.html

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
To the Show Cues faithful, you know it will be worth the wait. If you knew who we are working with, you would know the new product will be the very best on the market. Keep using Show Cues as you already are doing and be excited for the new release coming soon. Thanks! Carl
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
@mike odonell

$60 for Ijet and $15 for OneTrack.

You can make a ankle holder for the remote but you will have to touch both feet together to cue, think ballerina. Might look a little weird.

Show Cues is coming out with hardware, my bet it's just Linx Systems hardware. Not unless it's another 3rd party like Directed Technologies.

The unknown factor is the price and the price usually determines the number of units sold.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The new Show Cues remote system is neither of gothike's guesses.

Again due to the NDA I will not say more or address this further at this time but promise it will be huge!

The price of Show Cues App will probably go up after the new hardware is added although the total price will be very competitive with other music player systems currently on the market. That said the price will be quite a bit higher than an iJet remote and any other less expensive App but we believe Show Cues is worth every penny!

Check out our Show Cues customer reviews on our website http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm or on the App store.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Hands free remote for OneTrack (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL