The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Backpack with 75 Pockets... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Take a look at this product: http://www.amazon.com/Custom-LeatherCraf......Day+Pack

Looks like it might be perfect for hauling around your magic stuff. Lots of separate pockets which can be used for Cards, Coins, Ropes, Rings, etc.

sdmagic
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Here's a slightly cheaper model with less pockets: http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Leathercraf......DX1C47DY
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
The 48 pocket back pack for be good for a card revelation!

"If you would for me, just think of any card. And to make it harder, don't think of an Ace; everyone thinks of an Ace. Got a card now?"

Magi than proceeds to pull correct card out of corresponding pocket...
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ha! MagicMattMan>>> In Vaudeville, Arthur Lloyd did "Any card called for". It was his ACT! His coat must have weighed 20 lbs!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, MagicMattMan wrote:
The 48 pocket back pack for be good for a card revelation!

"If you would for me, just think of any card. And to make it harder, don't think of an Ace; everyone thinks of an Ace. Got a card now?"

Magi than proceeds to pull correct card out of corresponding pocket...

Hahaha! Nice idea.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, Dick Oslund wrote:
Ha! MagicMattMan>>> In Vaudeville, Arthur Lloyd did "Any card called for". It was his ACT! His coat must have weighed 20 lbs!!!

Why would it weigh 20 lbs? It would only weigh as much as a deck of cards.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Pepka!

It MAY have weightd 25 lbs!!! (I'm OLD, but, I wasn't there!)

If I remember correctly, he started out with a DECK OF CARDS. Then, one night, some "heckler" (?) asked for a "union card" (or something!)

I don't know if he hauled out his "AGVA" card or ?, but, over time he was "carrying" every kind of card imaginable. He must have had a fantastic "filing" system! Again, if my memory serves, he became a "standard" novelty act.

I'll TRY to do a little research to see if I can "dig up" some more information. (Every act from "that" era) is now booked on the "big time"!

The late "DORNY" Dornfield (then, DEAN of the SOCIETY OF AMERICAN MAGICIANS)was my source for anecdotes about "different" types of vaudeville acts.

Yr's, 'til the curtain drops!!!

Dick

The moral of this story is: "A DOVE act is good, but don't start producing elephants!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Backpack with 75 Pockets... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL