The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Burn baby burn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BaBaBooey
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of BaBaBooey
Good morning/evening, does anybody know if tenyo has ever created an effect or toy that uses fire?

I was also wondering, if anyone on this forum has ever submitted an effect to Tenyo? I know Angelo Carbone frequents here and has come up with some classics, but are there any other budding inventors? I have submitted four now, and am getting a little closer each time. My last attempt got a good response but they said they are already developing a trick with a similar theme so just missed the boat on that one. I did submit a video they said they couldn't work out which was enough to keep me going for a while.
So are there any other budding inventors here?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Not aware of any Tenyo fire effects but there may be something. There are certainly people here who have invented and marketed stuff (including myself) but other than Angeleo have not heard of anyone submitting ideas to Tenyo. Would love to hear more about the ideas you submitted.

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The only Tenyo effect involving fire is Sawa's "Fantastic," when you strike a match removed from the main prop--a matchbox--and blow it out.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
The only trick that 'uses' fire that I can think of is Fantastic. I believe at the end of the instructions Tenyo advises you to light a match.
Also, Tenyo would never, ever make a trick that used real fire, they make tricks for children and hobbyists and that would be against their 'nature'.

OK RIchard beat me to it ... :p
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
A couple of other ones that might fit that category are Match and Flower, I believe the match is lit before it turns into the flower.
And also Trio Cigarette in which you vanish a lit cigarette.
BaBaBooey
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of BaBaBooey
I adapted my magicians matchbox to work as a real one by sticking a strike pad on the side and using real matches. I take out my match, strike it, blow it out and use the resulting smoke to add a bit of magic to the 'reveal'.
I still think matches on their own are pretty awesome, I'd love to travel back in time with a cigarette lighter or some matches and just be like "check me out, I'm a freaking wizard give me all your money"
Fun fact, the cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

This is my take on coin thru match. The feedback I got was good and they said the couldn't figure out the method which was cool. It was too similar to the original for them to take it on but they did say if it was incorporated into another routine it may work so who knows
http://youtu.be/99f8-hNu7wo
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Coin in Match has not been sold as a separate item for decades. However, it still appears in Tenyo's Magic World magic set.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1037 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
That was a very good video with a twist to it. Nice background music I might add.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Burn baby burn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL