The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Help I need a name of a special silk, hanky (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
Hy guys I'm looking for a cloth, silk or hanky with a zombie feature built in, but I do not think it's haunted hanky, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd60Ip_KFnc in that video it shows what kind of hanky I need, I know only of haunted hanky but I think it has different methodology, I wanna float something invisible out of a spectator's hand and the hank tha scott uses for his routine seems best suited for that, what would such a hank be called?
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Check out Bill Abbotts site.
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
I've checked bill abbots site, and that's the silk I need but I'm not interested in the routine, so for 200 dollars I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives out there. otherwise I should make em myself
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
I suggest you make it yourself. Sometimes that is the only way we find out WHY the prices at dealers of creators sites are as they are.

Barring that, if you want a quality product, sticking with reputable suppliers is essential. And, many years in y experience shows that EVERY trick or routine that comes in needs to be worked and refined to meet the particular magician's specifications, everything from rebinding gimmicks, sewing on extra "fringe" and sanding or filing rough spots -- to completely rebuilding a new and different sized piece based on the purchased original. Smile
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
As a professional props maker from theatre and them parks I have to agree with chmara. It take a lot of development to invent and make most props. And did I mention a very broad skill set? If you don't have the time, skills, tools, and everything else it takes to realize a vision, don't !@#$% about the price.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What is being used in the video is called a "double handkerchief". Any seamstress can make one. There is no secret to making the hank. No pockets. No extra material. The gimmick is the secret, and from the video you should know how it is constructed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Help I need a name of a special silk, hanky (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL