The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » David Sips the Kool-Aid (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I've been a hobbiest-beginner for about a year. Never performed. I wanted to entertain my mom at the restaurant this weekend, but I chickened out at teh last minute and didn't bring any props. But at the restaurant I thought, "What the hell," asked the waitress for two rubber bands, and was amazed at the big reaction I got from that little jumping band trick. Emboldened, I vanished a drinking straw... and then another. Now I was getting looks from the next table. I asked the waitress for a paper towel, and I vanished the salt shaker using Al Schneider's routine.

They were asking for more, and I couldn't believe these simple tricks played so well. I was kicking myself for not bringing sponge balls and coins. And don't get me started on D'Lites. I would have leveled the place.

I AM SO HOOKED! I can do this, and I'm lovin' it!

Just had to share.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Some of the best tricks are the impromptu ones! When people see you grab a bunch of stuff and improvise with it, it's more impressive than pulling out a bunch of stuff from your pockets - you get much more credit.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
When learning magic we often see magicians performing for magicians. The tricks are elaborate and difficult. We forget that the simple tricks are miracles for a lay audience.

Congratulations on becoming an entertainer.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5084 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
This is exactly why there are countless threads here on the Café about "What do you always carry with you" "What do you never leave home without"

mine is a couple decks of cards, a sharpie, my Wallet for CTW some rubber bands on my wrist. a silk and a TT and a pocket full of "change"
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1926 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Oh, and if you ever get Greg Wilson's On the Spot video, you will see a very nice impromptu spongeball routine with napkins. Worth thinking about for your restaurant performances.

-Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » David Sips the Kool-Aid (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL