The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Kavori's Codology Acrobatic Fish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
39 Posts

Profile of greggtheballoonguy
I have been using Kavori's original Codology for 15+ years, but it is wearing out again (weight coming out the bottom of the fish). I saw a Chinese version online with red fish. It is titled "Training the Fish". Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? Qaulity, etc? Also with the new version that Kavori licensed to Viking with what looks like a metal rod instead of the old wood and plastic one, what is your experience with this one. Especially, what is the re-set time. For the original version, I can reload it in under a minute.

Thanks so much for your input.

All the best,

Gregg
Gregg Ka-Zam! aka Gregg the Balloon Guy
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I'd be interested too. I never got to perform with mine...one of the wooden ends cracked mysteriously during one of my rehearsal sessions apparently. Any better construction and I'd be interested in repurchasing.
greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
39 Posts

Oh, wow. What version did you have? What color was it and do you know who made it? If it broke so quickly, that's one version I would know to avoid. The reason I ask is because the original one I have from 15 years ago, is still in good condition, aside from the fish. The contraption itself is still working well after thousands of uses. I saw a version online that is blue. The fish are different colors--2 yellow and one blue. So far I have seen 5 versions out there. The green one that I have, the new one that looks like a small metal pole on top, the red Chinese one and a brown one, and the blue one.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Black with blue "holographic" striping on front and back, fish are gold with green piping across under eye, measures 12.75 inches across.
greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
39 Posts

Wow, lot's of versions out there. This isn't it is it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jph1ZGxHC4 I just bought a used one that looked like an original, only a different color. Hoping it is in good condition as the picture seems to indicate.
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
I've been considering this for my show for a while, I had one years ago but never used it and it got sold on. I've also been looking at the other options, such as the monkey bar, a three silk version, a three rope version, a three ribbon version and even the acrobatic glasses which uses three glasses and a silk that jumps to the middle. What would you guys recommend as giving the most wow magical effect?
Jonty the Magician
Children's Entertainer in West Yorkshire

www.magicadabra.co.uk
greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
39 Posts

I haven't tried the others that you mention, but the nice thing about the fish is that it's visually fun. For me it gives more that I can play around with. For example I talk to the fish and try and coax him into jumping. Finally I give him a kick, and that always gets a laugh. I then grab him and start to scold him that he is going to embarrass me if he doesn't jump. I hold him to my ear and make a funny sound (guaranteed laugh) of him talking to me. I explain that he's shy and will only do it behind my back... and so on. Silks are nice, but inanimate, so if it's a choice, I would go with the fish for the fun.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On May 12, 2014, greggtheballoonguy wrote:
Wow, lot's of versions out there. This isn't it is it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jph1ZGxHC4 I just bought a used one that looked like an original, only a different color. Hoping it is in good condition as the picture seems to indicate.

This seems to be the version I have, minus the blue striping on the pole. The fish and ropes are exactly the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKPhE4NbRU
greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
39 Posts

I'm glad I didn't buy that one--almost did. Looks compact and all, but with the end breaking... Still, if anyone has tried the red Chinese one (that sounded funny), I mean "the Chinese one that is red", please share your experience.
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
I must admit that Chinese red version looks better visually than any others I've seen. Could be a definite addition to my show, I shall keep an eye on this thread to see if you manage to locate who sells them! Smile
Jonty the Magician

www.magicadabra.co.uk
greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
39 Posts

I know who sells them. A company call China Magic www.52magic.com It's $60 plus $24 shipping. But the same set (new) is sold on Ebay for $50 & free shipping. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......40791490
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
Thanks Greg. Aw, the eBay folk don't ship to the UK! Never mind
Jonty the Magician

www.magicadabra.co.uk
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I have the red fish version from China. Pretty well made and works well. Reset is less than 1 min. The bar is all plastic but should hold up well. The fish are very nice except the weights on the end fishes are rusting a bit through the cloth but you have to look close. No instructions came with mine but was able to put everything together from the online demo. My Son lives in China and he bought this as a gift for me so not sure where to buy one.
greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
39 Posts

Hey thanks for the input. By the way, my son also lives in China--Harbin. Studying Chinese at University and has a band there. Maybe I should ask him to pick me up one when he comes for Christmas. Even on the original Kovari one, the metal weights will eventually rust through with enough use.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
The video of the red version I saw online seemed to have some noise when it was operating. I didn't here this on the Kovari version video. I don't own either, but can anyone comment on noise created by either of these two versions. Here is the video of the red version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiS3DX9tIbY
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Tou should ONLY buy the Kovari version, all the rest are RIP OFFS! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, Pete Biro wrote:
Tou should ONLY buy the Kovari version, all the rest are RIP OFFS! Smile

At the time I thought I WAS buying the Kovari original. Paid $60, think it was from the old Hank Lee site, so that may have been the problem. Pete, you or anyone have a picture of the what the original looks like? The Kovari site only has a drawing. Anyone in the States sell the original?
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1740 Posts

Profile of 0pus
According to the Stevens Magic Emporium website, Viking bought the rights to produce this from Kovari. See http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/acrobatic-fish-viking/

It is marketed in the US as "Acrobatic Fish."
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, 0pus wrote:
According to the Stevens Magic Emporium website, Viking bought the rights to produce this from Kovari. See http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/acrobatic-fish-viking/

It is marketed in the US as "Acrobatic Fish."

Thanks, Opus...again, that looks just like mine, with the exception of the blue striping on the bar.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1740 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I don't think there is blue striping on the bar. There is a light reflection on the dark bar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Kavori's Codology Acrobatic Fish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL