The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Which cups should I get? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg_Magic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Greg_Magic
Is there a particular set of cups you guys would recommend? What about best cups for the price? Are there cups that you would suggest that work good with sponge balls?
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Greg.... as to cups and sponge ball use, there are no better than the johnny Paul Cups available at RNT2...

http://www.rnt2.com/johnny-paul-cups-cop......ish.html

Best Cups for the price is a judgement call; consider what type of routine you are going to do, final loads and what size Cups you can manage. Here is a search link to get you started...

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+are......ie=UTF-8

Good luck,
Bruce
Greg_Magic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Greg_Magic
I do a Gazzo style routine with six total final loads. I use tennis balls cause the don't rot...lol
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1593 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Copper Bazar de Magia I think is the best for the money. There is a set for sale (you can not access yet the section until you have 50 post)
but the member that sell them is Abbascups. I bought from him before with no trouble at all, you can ask him for price and pictures
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=21609
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I would recommend buying all you can afford. There's a big difference between a $50 set and a $200 set. If you spend the money now, you'll save yourself years of grief buying multiple cheap sets trying to find something that works.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I agree with DAve. Get the best you can afford if you are serious.
Keith
SHAZAM!
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Keep an eye on the items for sale forum here on the Café. I have a lovely set of RnT2 Foxy 2.5 copper cups that I got for a steal.
Greg_Magic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Greg_Magic
Motley - I will do that as soon as I get to my 50 posts requirement. With all the questions I have had I'm not to much farther away.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
NOBODY can tell you which set of cups you should get. You need to handle several different sets and see which ones fit your hands and your loads the best.

The Bazar cups won't work for your purposes, because they won't accept a tennis ball. Neither will the Johnny Paul cups. Sherwoods will work, as will the PFD cups. For me, considering what you have stated, I would use a set of Gazzo cups or a set of Van Dokkum Jumbos. But I would also recommend that you try them out before you buy them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
798 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Hi Greg,
I use the Aluminium Mendoza Combo cups from Rnt2. Sure they are light, but affordable. I like them. They take a tennis ball.

These zenneth set is a fairly good starter set too in my opinion. China made.
http://www.zennethkok.com/product/20
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5348 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
More sage advice from Mr. Palmer. He's right as usual. Cups are basically an extension of your hands, so they need to fit you and your needs.

If you can, find a convention where Rings N Things is at. Donnie is awesome, and always has a sizeable inventory to explore. He will ensure you get the cups that fit your style, and meet your performance needs and expectations.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Which cups should I get? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL