The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Tricks for the Ladies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
Roses always work!

Shahin
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Quote:
On 2004-01-24 14:34, Vikke Matikainen wrote:
Eirik:
What kind of effects do you do with thumbwriter?

Hello Vikke,

Since I use the Thumbwriter in a bar setting where the lights are dimmed and the music is pretty loud, I will have to make the routines easy and direct. Often I use a lot of improvisation to adjust to the situation. But in short the routines I do regularly are different predictions I write on the back of beer maths, and some of them are:
  • Your childhood bestfriend
  • A number between 1 and 999
  • The amount of change they have in their wallet
  • The total amount they will throw with three darts at a dartboard.
And they get to keep the math with my prediction. When performed under the right conditions they are killer routines.

Try it out, you'll love it.

-e- Smile
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Texas Worker
View Profile
New user
Kerrville Texas
55 Posts

Profile of Texas Worker
I was working in a mall magic shop and met my wife with scotch and soda.
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Hmmm, perhaps she's just after your money! Smile Smile Smile
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Texas Worker
View Profile
New user
Kerrville Texas
55 Posts

Profile of Texas Worker
I think your right Jack. Smile We have been married for 5 years and the money or lack there of hasn't scared her off yet
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
A $15 set of coins to snag a wife not a bad deal (well it depends how much she treats you ;-) )
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
He He, do not underestimate the power of coin magic.
I actually meet my wife in the Lift at Squaw Valley, but I was doing magic for her that same nite Smile
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
OH MY!

Seriously though.

The comment that don't use magic as a crutch is good.

Do the magic...but be more concerned about it and their emotions than drooling over them.

If you find a girl that likes it, cool, if not, then you have entertained.

Do it for entertainment, but realize that certain effects play better for men, and some play better for women.

Desparate guys are desparate whether or not they are doing magic.

Develop a strong mental attitude and high confident image of yourself and it will show through and do most of the work for you.

Women decide within seconds after you open your big fat trap whether or not you are a good catch. Sure they might change their minds later, but most women decide if your a complete goofball before 15 seconds.

Finally, be confident about yourself and your magic. Be respectful, courteous and give them your FULL AND UNDIVIDED ATTENTION when you are trying to flirt. Convey the attitude that you are just trying to have fun, that you thought they looked like a fun person and so that is why you decided to meet them.

Your attitude should suggest that you aren't looking for anything more than a spectator, and that you are very pleased that you found an attractive one. Also that you are perfectly OK with walking away when the moment is right.

If you end up sitting down for a chat. Shut your mouth and don't talk about yourslef, turn the conversation on her and pay attention and structure your comments to express your interest in her topics.

It's called a "conversation"

Flirting will come naturally.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Shadowzen
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Shadowzen
Any man who has ever even considered being in a relationship with a woman or who is already in one needs to read every article at: http://www.askmen.com

Also, watch a movie called The Tao of Steve.

Then look for magic effects that are impromptu where you can touch, that use money or involve mentalism of some kind. A good in-the-hands coin transposition, like the one on "On The Spot", is great for girls. Guys hate it though. It does kind of require the spectator to play along a little though which is a good way to gauge if she's interested in you.

In long term relationships your magic is about as appealing as your a video game addiction.
Jamie Schoolcraft
View Profile
Regular user
Palmdale, CA
136 Posts

Profile of Jamie Schoolcraft
If you are performing to pick up women, forget it. I had a conversation with Witt Hayden at a PCAM convention about this very topic some years ago and he said magic should not be used as an in-your-face pickup, as it will rarely work. But if she seems fairly interested, do magic for someone else nearby or some friends, and it will give her a reason to approach you kind of like an ice breaker. Then it's time to put it away and be yourself, not the "magic man." You'll be amazed at how many people are interested in you for who you are rather than what tricks you can do.

All that said, my wife hates magic (I guess for years it was my mistress so I guess I can't blame her) but she absolutley loves Cardtoon!!
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Invisible Deck
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Quote:
On 2004-02-06 18:51, Jamie Schoolcraft wrote:
If you are performing to pick up women, forget it. I had a conversation with Witt Hayden at a PCAM convention about this very topic some years ago and he said magic should not be used as an in-your-face pickup, as it will rarely work.

Blanket statements don't always work. Although I agree with the remainder of your post.

It works well for some women and it will kill you for others. I've learnt that success depends on you and your looks, the woman, and how you approach the situation. If you caught their attention, you'll find out. Don't run if you're not being chased.

I have special patter for key effects that offer different levels of "interaction." These effects always sit back seat to my standard personality and routines, and are used with care.

My favorite is an Ambitious Card routine that adds my phone number under their name at the end. I created it for a business card routine originally when I didn't have any of my own cards on me.

I found out later that it had other possibilities.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
There used to be a video out called How to Pick Up Girls with Magic. Some tricks in the video includes the Torn and Restored napkin along the storyline of a broken heart, and then it's healed. The video showcases bathing suit beauties surrounding the magician. I forget who he is.

I believe magic is part of you as a magician. It's who you are. So why try to hide it? Given, that's not all you are. But we have a unique gift/talent, which most people are intrigued by, so why be afraid to show people? Although, we should use judgment when it comes to timing and appropriateness of the trick.

Also, if someone has to use magic as a "crutch" for ice-breakers or confidence builder, what's the problem with that? Magic has many uses and boosting our confidence or generating interest are all serendipitous benefits of magic.

Let's say you have an interested willing lady. In the hand magic, like $5 and $1 bill transposition, generates huge reactions. Make the magic and the occasion fit. Like when you're going to pay for the drink or bill, hand the cashier a $1 bill. When she says that you only gave her a $1 bill, why then change it into a $100 bill in front of the cashier and your lady friend? Believe me, she won't soon forget you.

Wait a minute, she'll probably only remember you when she needs you to change her $1 into hundreds.
Ember
View Profile
Regular user
London
121 Posts

Profile of Ember
Anything that works in their hands. I often perform Daley's last card trick with two female spectators, each holding two cards on their outstretched palms. Another one is Ortiz's Kartenkunste; I will only perform this with a female spectator.
Vikke Matikainen
View Profile
New user
Finland
60 Posts

Profile of Vikke Matikainen
Try doing the good old Ash thru hand/Voodoo ash. It's a nice one and I sometimes don't actually tell them that it's a magic trick. In the end they go like "Ohh.. you're a magician aren't you?"
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
The Voodoo ash is a real classic, if you use ashes or lipstick - the effect is still a "hitter".

The ultimate trick for the ladies has to be Kevin James' Floating Rose, it's as strong as magic can be, unfortunally not very impromptu though.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Heather3fly
View Profile
New user
AZ-FL
20 Posts

Profile of Heather3fly
If you boys really want to impress a lady use your personality. That will get you much further Ash thru hand. My boss (Bill Malone) said that Ash thru hand is a down grade and if he saw any one using it in his bar he would fire them…LOL.

Heather
Don Wilson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Don Wilson
The copper/silver coin switch in "Magic of Francis Carlyle" by Roger Pierre is a real attention getter. It happens in her hands and is quite startling! Don
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I still kick myself at all of the lost pickups, that I didn't follow-up on, when performing Mental Yarn. I don't make that mistake now, unless it's just not worth it.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Mentalism is a great way to gain the interest of the ladies, but Heather has it right - personality is THE best way to generate interest in the opposite sex (or even the same, if you happen to be inclined that way).

All of the "slick pickups" in the world won't amount to squat if YOU aren't interesting, yourself.

No slams, just stating a personal opinion. After all, I AM married to a former Miss Chicago, DePaul grad and publisher (and she's only one, wonderful, person)!
:D

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Tricks for the Ladies (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL