The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best kicker to end Ambitious Card routine? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Daryl's Ultimate Ambition is a gimmicked half-deck that can be switched in during the course of the routine to perform his killer finish. The signed card is ungimmicked.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Yeah the only disadvantage of the deck switch is that you have to perform something like the THIN AMBITIOUS, right?

and I don't really like THIN AMBITIOUS.

so just use the Dip Pass and rubberbanded presentation + Daryl's funny sleight of hand proof patter and you have your gaffless finale Smile
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
Vernest
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Vernest
I know everyone has talked about Daryl,Sankey,and other great ones. But have you guys thought of the simple things? I have made some endings and routines for the Ambitious, and well:

1. The signed card changes back color
2. The entire deck changes back color
3. Moving the spectator's signature into another card named by them (Vernest's New Signature Thief)
4. Vernest's Printing Press(ending for the ambitious routine): Ken Krenzel's Tunnel effect with an indifferent card, card changes back color as you pass it through the deck,card changes face to signed card as passed through deck.
5. Vernest's Ghost Twins: Two black kings are placed together in the table. The ambitious card vanishes from the deck and appears in between the two tabled cards. Spread the two kings,one face down card,turn it over and show the signature on it.

6. Vernest's Afraid of audience card! : A card appears on the performer's back pinned to the clothing. Signed card. "the card is soo shy,specially infront of the audience,thas why it always goes behing my back to hide!"I must say I haven't actually performed this one,it was an idea I had about a week ago,which I formulated about 3 methods for it,but the final product is not done yet.

How about using VOX? I just saw the box in my desk and remembered it. How about a Card in Selling?(ammars?) I remember one method. Card in wallet? kind of an old idea,but hey,it works dosen't it?. Have a fun ambitous routine!

Cardially

Vernest
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The last trick you talked about, the card on the back, was a invented by Peter Pit many years ago. Peter taught it to Rory Johnstone who has been using it for years in a routine where a signed dollar bill ends up safety pinned to the outside of his jacket.

Good thinking though.
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Whit-
Another good version of the bill-on-the-back is on Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Miracles. I would like a method for doing it with a signed bill though. Do you know where I could find a workable method? I would be interested in a method for a signed card as well. There was also an effect in an old Genii magazine called "Sewn in Rome" in which the signed card appears sewn to the lining of your coat. The spectators can even tug on the card to prove that it is really sewn to your coat! I'll have to look up the magazine for specifics about the creator and the issue.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I'm wondering..............,
If The routine is about the card rising to the top of the deck, what would be the reason for having the card end up inside a ring box, or sewn to the lining of your coat. Why would the deck or sign card change color, or the faces of the cards dissapear. Shouldn't the kicker be related to the main plot?
One of the few kicker endings that I find logical is Paul Harris's Solid Deception ending. Right now I'm working on a card to ring box similar to Tommy Wonder's; However, until I find a logical explanation for the card to travel into the box, I don't think I'll include it in my routine.
Just something to think about.
Smile
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
How about this? Put the card box on top of the deck. Then the Ambitious Card's move is logical-- rising up into the box.

It especially makes sense if you do the pop-up move just before. Then use the box to try and "hold the Ambitious Card down".

The same thing works with a wallet.

Smile
chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
I like that idea blackwood! it's a stage further than just jumping to the top of the deck, and it's also fitting with the theme!

_______
Ben
budionodarmawan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of budionodarmawan
How about this

I raise the 1st signed card( on the face ) to the top, and then let another spectator to take another card, and sign it on the back.Then I put both card in the middle.And raise the 1st card to the top, and then the 2nd to the top, but... Only the signature.
So they will see the card with their signature on both sides.

Actually until now I still try to find a good patter for ambitious card routine.can you help me guys ??

Budi
anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
Davide Costi has performed his Card on Back for many years. It is very strong and will be in the forthcomiing book, "Close-Up Elegance by Davide Costi" which I am producing and hope to publish soon. Scotty York's Card in hat is excellent, too.
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Card to ceiling will be a pretty good idea if the ceiling wall is high enough.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
vwc06
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of vwc06
I use the ending shown by Bill Malone in Vol. 1 of his On The Loose series where at the end, the card travels to one pant pocket, then the other and then the ambitious card is put on the bottom of the deck; the deck is squeezed and is gone, leaving only the ambitious card.
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
Card to Ceiling actually sounds great...!
That would be a KILLER combo

The card is so ambitious it jumps to the ceiling.
dang
NYKnicks5
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of NYKnicks5
I don't know how many of you perform Jay Sankey's Paperclipped...but I do it all the time. Instant reset and I love going into that after an ambitious card routine. If you know paperclipped I highly recommend you try this at the end of the routine. HUGE REACTIONS. I have the paperclipped card on the table and have someone keep an eye on it (or cover it with a glass). I do Ambitious card and after that do paperclipped.

My apologies, I didn't realize the paperclipped ending was already mentioned. I must have missed that, but nevertheless, it is still an excellent effect.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Daryl's ending in his Ambitious DVD is certainly "ambitious"! It looks like a great effect - but what effect doesn't when performed by Daryl? The deck can be built, but I think Daryl sells it off his website. If not, Harry Anderson's store in New Orleans carries it.
kerpa
a/k/a Mike Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
"Card to Ceiling actually sounds great...!
That would be a KILLER combo."

I beg to differ. The card on ceiling effect will lose some of its impact if the audience is aware that you can make the selected card rise to the top at will!!!

For the card on ceiling effect, the card needs to be lost (apparently) somewhere in the middle of the deck in order to make it a miracle!

Sometimes, when the spectators finds a solution or a part of it it ruins the magic in their head, as this is where the magic really happens (whether they are actually correct or not does not matter).

Jay Sankey's PaperClip is good, as is David Regal's routine in which he asks the spectator to draw a puppy-dog (sorry I do not remember the actual name of the routine) and it ends with the deck tied with a rope (which is the puppy's leash!).

But two of my favorites are Michael Ammar's & Tommy Wonder's! (They both have a phase that is great for hecklers!!!)

my 2 cents

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Robert Black
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Robert Black
Sometimes the simple is the most elusive. For what it's worth to you, I am not the technician with cards and I try to find the shortest way to two points. Especially when you're doing card tricks for laymen. I used the card to wallet method until I saw a couple of things unrelated in one sitting and thought, "that would be great!" Essentially it is this in short:

Ambitious Card (any you like): for the kicker it is card to card box (placed in advance). The addition and the hands off(unlike Mullica Wallet method) is to prove the card is no longer there. You fan through the cards using the Hofzinser/Kull to run the card away from the back so you are not stuck in the end. Once the heat is off the deck by "proving it" all is well. There are a number of ways to get rid of the extra card, including changing decks for a different trick or simply palming off to your pocket while you ribbon spread face up which is perfect (or palm off to your pocket for a sharpie in prep for a signed card to wallet, Triumph, etc.) as you have previously proved it's not there so all the heat is now on the box on the table and no one is looking at you nor do they care at that point.

Robert Black
"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity." -- Dr. Edwin. Land
magiclou
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magiclou
I use Michael Ammar's card to matchbook using his yeast card patter. Very, very strong. It's on his "Early Years" videos and the effect is called "The Yeast Card." I've used several different endings but this one gets the best reactions.
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
Naples, FL & Hickory, NC
202 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
I have been doing AC for well over a year now. The routine is similar to Jon Allen's from his video. I do add in a pop-up card segment. I then end with card to a Mullica wallet. I have the card signed also. The routine has ALWAYS gotten a great reaction...especially the end.

Doc
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
shoosh018
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of shoosh018
Personally, I am shocked that nobody has mentioned Dan Harlan's "bound ambition"! The effect is the same as daryl's (only with a rubber band) and is SUPER simple! I like this better because there is no gimmick to bring in, so you end clean! Also, if you play your cards right (pardon the pun) this ending can seem comlpetely impromptu. This is how I "end" my acr. However, I immediatly go into "paper-clipped". Which, out of all the routines that I have performed, this, by far, get's the best reactions! (both immediatly and especially long term!!) People ALWAYS remember this one effect the most. Perhaps because it's the end of my card set. However, I think that it's because it's so d*mn strong! So, props to Jay!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best kicker to end Ambitious Card routine? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL