The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Please help! House group social night ideas (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
Hi guys, I've been asked to organise a social/fun evening at my church house group this coming Tuesday evening and I wondered if anyone might have any ideas. I'm looking for some adult games or fun stuff that ideally involves magic. It doesn't have to have a gospel theme necessarily but it would be good if it did. It needs to last an hour for approximately 12 adults. Short of giving them a magic show I'm lost for ideas.
Any thoughts would be extremely useful, thanks!

Jon
Jonty the Magician
Children's Entertainer in West Yorkshire

www.magicadabra.co.uk
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Why not have a game night? Just bring some board games and cards, some music and snacks and let people socialize. You could plug it as "Low Tech Game Night, No Cell Phones Allowed." Or something similar to get people in the nostalgic mood of playing games and talking with no screens in their face.

There are lots of fun games for groups: Yahtzee, Scrabble, Monopoly, Rummy, Bridge if enough people play it, Cribbage.

Playing cards is a dying pastime, some people would really appreciate it while others could play the board games.

I say this assuming no one would have a fit over cards being in a church.

Then, you would have some cards handy for showing some tricks and could take some other effects with you if you want. You could open the evening with some magic or close with a couple stunners.

Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
Thanks Theodore, I've decided to go with a simple but fun dough modelling game and a quiz. Can't beat the old ones! Smile
Jonty the Magician

www.magicadabra.co.uk
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Cool. Hope it goes well for you!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
It did, it was a great evening. Thanks!
Jonty the Magician

www.magicadabra.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Please help! House group social night ideas (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL