We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » I got caught doing bill switch (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I love doing bill switch/changes effects but I'm always not to confident with the angles even if you pull it in, what if your completely surrounded?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2084 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2014, Invisticone wrote:
If angles make you nervous and you want to do tricks for cashiers, learn a few angle-proof tricks!

Extreme Burn (with $20's) works well in the cashier line -- if your total is over $5. Smile
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Extreme Burn is one of my favorites.
I keep it in my Fire wallet all the time along with Power Ball 60 and Wallet Transformer and a few other things that don't bulk up my wallet.
Ihor
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
I posted “More On Mismade Bill” this month on the Perverse Magic thread of the Genii Forum.

The switch I suggest may be useful to some at appropriate times.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Does anyone have footage of them doing the bill switch completely surrounded? I would love to see.
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
277 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
It is always a treat for anyone, even if they see behind the scenes. I always have to remind myself only about 15% of the population has ever scene magic live and in person. I probably off on percentage but it is very low. It is always a pleasure for real fans of magic.

Great job I will try to get a video of me doing TT change.
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Thanks man I would love to see someone surrounded. Because when I'm preforming I'm surrounded almost 360 degrees.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I guess that no one got footage?
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, FrankieF wrote:

Here's a clip of the bill switch performed on the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6nkyHhhWk

Maxxx
Hydrostevo
View Profile
New user
Stamford, England
56 Posts

Profile of Hydrostevo
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, Max T. Oz wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, FrankieF wrote:

Here's a clip of the bill switch performed on the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6nkyHhhWk

Maxxx

YouTube denied me Maxxx Smile Smile It said the video is private
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Me too. I can't watch either.
Ihor
Steen Nielsen
View Profile
New user
Denmark
33 Posts

Profile of Steen Nielsen
Does anybody do the bill switch with Jay Scott Berry's cloaking device instead of a TT? It seems like the CD is more convincing than TT for this particular effect.
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2014, Ihop wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2014, Eric Caldwell wrote:
To answer your question, learnt is more common in Britain and learned is more common in America. Both are correct.

I wish I had the guts to make more mistakes. I would be a lot better magician by this point. You are going to get caught sooner or later, may as well learn from it sooner.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I've seen it spelled both ways.
Smile
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
Don't you mean, "spelt" ? lol.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
530 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I had a cashier take a crisp £1 note recently (they went out of circulation in 1984 and she was born in 1997!) When asked why she accepted it she explained that she thought they were a new fangled thing and that she thought they were a great idea!
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RockTrollCrafts

Websites built for creators and performers of the bizarre - www.oakdigitalsolutions.co.uk
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
My 20 yr.old son and his friends were sitting around, and I levitated a plastic cup between my hands on my thumb. (The old kids trick. lol.) While the girls all oooh'd and aaww'd, my son's buddy was seated to my right and could see the whole thing. I kind of glanced over at him, and to his credit, he just sat there smiling and shaking his head like I was an idiot lol. but he never said a word.
I was impressed that at his young age, he was wise enough to allow others to enjoy it without feeling the need to shout something out.
DrVG
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of DrVG
There is a technique described for surrounded with the TT, the tt is held in deep finger palm in left hand which is also shaking the bills for the change to happen. it s a quick jerk and can t be perceived
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1374 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Mr. Nielsen, 100 percent true. The bill switch with a Sanada is much cleaner and there are fewer folds and way better angles than with a
TT. It is also much simpler to perform. It is time for the magic fraternity to catch up with a more practical and magical Bill Switch, IMHO.
marcomotroni
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of marcomotroni
This topic reminded me of a time that a very similar thing happened to me. I was performing, didn't have my hands in close enough evidently and when I was done, I saw some guys behind me smiling and about to divulge. I sort of played it off with a smile and a finger on my lips, and as far as I recall, they didn't reveal too much. If you aren't so eager to keep them quiet, but instead lowkey, the people who saw how it was done will sort of understand the position they are in.

I've never tried a Bill Switch with a Sanada. It seems like the pocket load would be a bit too big for me, and that it might be too awkward. Something to consider though.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5771 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
It is possible to show both sides of the bill and the hands empty, without using a gimmick. For over a decade, well-read magicians assumed I used a TT, when I wasn't. You do have to make sure you have their full attention at the critical points.

For performing surrounded, I'd use something like the "Crossing the Gaze".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » I got caught doing bill switch (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL