The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ASH (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12~13~14 [Next]
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Although I worked with Roth on this project (just the technical aspects), seeing the whole book in person for the first time today was really amazing. Honestly, It's hard to believe it wasn't really written by a child. Some of the drawings sent chills down my spine. I won't go into too much detail; the reviews above mine here are detailed enough. You can read it straight through, and like they said above, you can see in the look of the pages how she is changing.

All I can say is you have probably never seen anything like this. I also just want to say thanks to Roth for bringing me in on this project.
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
Wow, wow, wow!

Mine arrived today so I of course blew off all work and appointments to take a quick look. That quick look turned into a cover to cover read followed by another cover to cover read. I knew this one would be something special but the reality of it totally exceeds my crazy high expectations. It's magnificent, beautiful and very creepy. It totally works as a book on it's own. Very haunting and very cool. The art is amazing! Won't spoil anything but there is one drawing on one entry that's worth the price of the book alone. It's great. Get it if you can.

Now going to read it again Smile
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Just hit the magical pay now button Smile
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There are so many nuances in this book that can be taken advantage of by the performer...probably more than Rick even knew when he was building the project.

For instance, look at the last photo he posted...right page, bottom right..."Dead." I saw this when he first posted it and it creeped me out. But after reading the story (your spectators can get the gist of Alice's demise with a quick thumb-through of the book), it creeped me out far more. Dead...but the emphasis is on DED. The "a" is tiny.

So Alice's DAD is really DED. And she is upset. Very, very upset.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Still waitin' for Mr. Postman. West Coast.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Woo-hoo, got mine today!
As suggested by Rick I went right into reading the book straight through cover to cover, without even flipping through or peeking ahead. The laborious artwork, quality of glossy paper and incredible design and variety in images makes this a great collectible piece, so I am happy I jumped in as #10...!

BTW the cover and titles, with the introduction by the psychiatrist heading up the research project are ingenious as far as lending credibility to the presentation. I was sent a brief, but concise, pdf which was noted to be solely for method/Iinstruction and more is to follow. I do look forward to receiving more, hopefully in a pdf and more in the special forum by way of actual structure and presentation of the piece. I know that a strength of this creation is the flexibility and variation of themes, routine, "jazziness" for creative performance, but I still personally prefer to have a basic framework around which then to get creative and adaptive to my personal style.
I also look forward to receiving the 1960's photograph and the special handwritten diary page which are noted to be coming by separate post.
The forum will no doubt be a tremendous value, especially as inspired owners contribute their tips, observations and "out of the box" ideas. I have one already I may post after a little more study with the final pieces are all received.
Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I hope the Outlaw 'Ash' forum is used to the fullest, by the owners !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
#6 arrived today. West Coast is happy. Now - to choose options for performance........

Thanks to Rick for excellent communication on delivery status.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Likewise #7 has been received. Looking forward to receiving the artwork and the PDF manual next.
Bob
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
By the way, I realized after my last post that I did not note my reaction after reading through the book. Partly be ause two of the above posts had very detailed and wonderful descriptions which I would ditto and would have been repetitive.
But, trust me the emotional involvement and "creep" factor is not only there, but as someone above said, it builds and builds page after page, with a luscious surprising twist of an ending!
IMO get on board with the ASH "para-research" project asap! Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Mine just arrived ! As said in previous recent reviews, you can only appreciate this in hand.......Rick has really put a lot in this one.
After I get the pdf from Rick will have some fun, in the mean time will read thru it as is & post little later fuller thoughts on it.

The only thing I can add is Rick is one awesome sic puppy !! LoL Thank you Rick, this is going to be fun to play with !!
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Well # 27 arrived today! I was leaving for the doctor and the mailman did a handoff . I ripped it opened and went through it briefly . All I can say is everything is true ! This book is just unreal . Going to spend the night reading it cover to cover . Tomorrow is PDF day. Well worth the wait. Thank you Rick
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Be sure to post ideas in the Outlaw Forum, for those of us still waiting for the book !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Number 31 has arrived safe and sound. I must mention how sad the story reads. Not just for shivers, lots of room for an empathetic presentation, including a resolution for the audience.
If you look beyond the disturbing elements, I think it is easy to see that Rick is a father.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I have a most unique copy of this. I send all my books to Gemini to be aged if possible. I am a real pain in the butt about what I want and Vic has done about 20 items for me - books, cards etc. He knows how I like the stuff to be. With ASH, I really had no idea in mind - so I asked him to just do to it whatever comes to mind once you see it. I was pretty nervous when I recieved a message saying "Cool. I burned it." I thought it was a joke. It was not. I can't think of anything further from what I was thinking. I simply replied "Thanks man, can't wait." When I recieved what I thought for sure would be the last time I ever sent something off without more a specific direction - I was in shock. It looked incredible. It did not end there. Inside the envelope was what I thought would be a "thanks for your business" note. It was not. It was a few pages titled "Ash's Inferno" It was a complete routine for the book. ....and it is really freakin good. I asked Vic if he intended to release this to others. He said "Nah, I may just send it to Rick and he can do whatever with it" Anyone who has not purchased ASH may want to do it soon. I think this may cause a sell out. Its really good. It is by no means the only way this can be presented...but it is very good. I don't have any pics of it here at work but I know he has a couple from before it was sent. I will see if he minds posting one. I don't mind as long as it is only refered to as ASH.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Coool! Would love to see some pics of this. Thanks for sharing that
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I appreciate that Zoop. I have just send the ASH routine to Outlaw as well, so you can bug Rick about it. If you cant wait, I have placed it on my site as well under the free previews section. The password to open the manual is the same one as the forum password. Pics are included in the manual document. Enjoy.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I just received this very email with the pdf from Rick & read it, AWESOME tie in Vic - LOVE it !!!!
Thank you Vic for this routine & it's creepy tie in & thank you Rick for emailing it, SO happy I jumped in on this early Smile
With Vic's angle my SM or Departed could really add to it ! ( as would OE's new Spiritas )

Been reading thru ASH, wow just gets creepier as you get deeper into it ! Haven't personalized it yet, just enjoying it as a read right now.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Wow, can't wait for mine to get here!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Vic, your presentation is twisted, dark, and just the way we like it.

Thank you for the inclusion of the letter in your PDF. I am being purposely vague here as to not give away too much, but I love the way you wrote some very important keys into the text that only the performers will know - and use to their advantage - hidden in plain sight. Very helpful. Plus, as you mentioned, the letter IS the perfect give-away for our spectators...if they're brave enough to take it.

Another winner from Castle Nadata.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ASH (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL