The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ASH (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
oly92
View Profile
New user
Paris (FRANCE)
83 Posts

Profile of oly92
Received my n°37.
But where are the explanations?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1504 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, oly92 wrote:
Received my n°37.
But where are the explanations?

PM Roth for pdf manual
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Yes good food for thought guys as we love to talk about our world we need to know when our comments should stay underground even if we think the discussion is high level to us it may not be to others. We forget we are in the light right now. We do need to remind ourselves. Its all good. Even just describing an effect or presentation is questionable for our group as its not a trick of the week, more so when we add photos of props the less said up here the better. The crypt btw needs more content we need to spend more time there.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Darkness wrote:
Yes good food for thought guys as we love to talk about our world we need to know when our comments should stay underground even if we think the discussion is high level to us it may not be to others. We forget we are in the light right now. We do need to remind ourselves. Its all good. Even just describing an effect or presentation is questionable for our group as its not a trick of the week, more so when we add photos of props the less said up here the better. The crypt btw needs more content we need to spend more time there.

Well put! This guy understands the subtleties of the situation.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Darkness wrote:
Even just describing an effect or presentation is questionable for our group

If we shouldn't discuss even the description of an effect...what should we be talking about here- Just whether or not an item comes with a certificate of authenticity? Smile

Code names have been given to effects like ASH, Luna, etc. to facilitate our discussions. Unless you're announcing these code names to your audience, I think we can relax. I hope most lay people have better things to do with their time than to visit a bizarre magician's forum and wade through posts whose subject lines mean nothing to them.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
These effects are very expensive and unusual, they are usually presented as a one of kind. We are the keepers of the occult and strange happenings. There are not a lot of recent commercial effects to begin with so we need to guard them extra special Smile

We can't afford to take this lightly (literally can't afford it $$) There is no hard fast rule, it just depends. You are right most spec won't bother but what if one does and posts it one time of FB it has wide damaging impact. Just because it may never happen doesn't mean we should run the risk, it's just not worth it to speak up here especially when the crypt is one click away.

I don't know about everyone else but for example I paid a lot for my 4 set of Dopps and if anyone makes it public knowledge just because they thought it would never happen is going to be under fire. I would not even speak the routine up here. Do you even want other magicians to browse the routine. We are a small group and I like that.

We all talk even me I'm no better. I should remind myself more often. Why is that we have to talk up here again? I mean that with respect to everyone, I think people know that.

Why don't we be the smarter ones and take ALL discussions there period? Now back to Ash Smile Sorry I'm derailing but I want to protect Ash!
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey

1850. Kingdom of Bohemia. Ash is released from an underground prison where she languished for four centuries. Who is she and why has she been locked up? The only thing the girl is sure of, is that her origin is intimately linked to a coveted secret: that of eternal life ...

by french graphic novel artist and an illustrator Krystel

xxx Morgaine Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, Darkness wrote:
These effects are very expensive and unusual, they are usually presented as a one of kind. We are the keepers of the occult and strange happenings. There are not a lot of recent commercial effects to begin with so we need to guard them extra special Smile

We can't afford to take this lightly (literally can't afford it $$) There is no hard fast rule, it just depends. You are right most spec won't bother but what if one does and posts it one time of FB it has wide damaging impact. Just because it may never happen doesn't mean we should run the risk, it's just not worth it to speak up here especially when the crypt is one click away.

I don't know about everyone else but for example I paid a lot for my 4 set of Dopps and if anyone makes it public knowledge just because they thought it would never happen is going to be under fire. I would not even speak the routine up here. Do you even want other magicians to browse the routine. We are a small group and I like that.

We all talk even me I'm no better. I should remind myself more often. Why is that we have to talk up here again? I mean that with respect to everyone, I think people know that.

Why don't we be the smarter ones and take ALL discussions there period? Now back to Ash Smile Sorry I'm derailing but I want to protect Ash!

Exactly!!!!! How many different ways must it be explained?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, Darkness wrote:

Exactly!!!!! How many different ways must it be explained?

I guess Rick, Vic, Dan, etc. just can't get it into their heads that you guys don't want them discussing their products here. I don't have a problem with it, though, as long as they keep assigning them code names.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Well it's just "my opinion" and they can do whatever they want. I support them 110 percent and they all know it personally. Once a product thread is opened (and it should be) its becomes almost impossible to quite it before it goes down paths that are better left underground. That's not entirely because of them, it's mostly because of us, we just need to remind ourselves that's all, nothing more. There I found another way of saying it ha! It's a dead issue and it's derailing I think we all made our points. Do what you want I'm not the moderator, but if I was....
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1504 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Perhaps we can all learn the ancient dead language of the bird people, etc., then we can discuss these effects all we want with or without a crypt to have 100% no worries of outside exposure & be completely Goggle proof ! Smile

The one thing I like about what OE, AM, LMC, GA, etc sell, is that you don't see these kids buying & exposing on Youtube, etc like the reg magic effects........so far.....,...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I understand what Darkness, is saying...He's not saying don't post, but there may be better place to post !
Somethings are better in the crypt or on a Creator forum for specific effect/prop.
And, it is the place of the Creator to release the information as they see fit on their release, for an open forum.

For example : Creator, is releasing a product (Lets call it *yre) and someone makes a post and youtube link calling said product (lets call it *attleback) as a comparison. Now mind you, there is no method on the video.
Would something like that be better placed on a limited forum or open forum ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Thanks Zilla you are correct. Lets carry this conversation downstairs just because we can!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1189 Posts

Profile of reese
Ash is a very visual book test. A reproduction of a young child's diary (complete with crayon drawings) descending into...Madness, the Shamanic Underworld, the Room of the Spirits... there are so many ways to create presentations using Ash as a jumping off place. The book itself is an element that can be used to realize different effects... The prop excites my imagination. It might do the same for you.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
869 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, reese wrote:
Ash is a very visual book test. A reproduction of a young child's diary (complete with crayon drawings) descending into...Madness, the Shamanic Underworld, the Room of the Spirits... there are so many ways to create presentations using Ash as a jumping off place. The book itself is an element that can be used to realize different effects... The prop excites my imagination. It might do the same for you.

It is a beautiful piece of work. I am still struggling with a presentation and may go with the idea of a letter to the doctor as suggested by Al in Colorado or the letter by Vic of GA,....because the idea of having to find a way to have 25 to 50 different entries in observation notes is quite daunting and frustrating...to have to find 25 or more of my friends to record such observations..(?)...so their handwriting is different,...that uses up all of the base of frineds I would be performing for,
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Out of consideration please take this to the crypt. Why must we all talk about this up here there is no benefit but there are risks.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1189 Posts

Profile of reese
Unlike other high-end items that a Google search might lead to a Café thread, as far as I can tell, nothing from the way I'm gonna use this is searchable. I do share a concern about public access to theatrical items. That's not an issue for me with Ash.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1189 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
Quote:

It is a beautiful piece of work. I am still struggling with a presentation and may go with the idea of a letter to the doctor as suggested by Al in Colorado or the letter by Vic of GA,....because the idea of having to find a way to have 25 to 50 different entries in observation notes is quite daunting and frustrating...to have to find 25 or more of my friends to record such observations..(?)...so their handwriting is different,...that uses up all of the base of frineds I would be performing for,

I'm going with Vic's letter dodge for now, augmenting it with additional info. I'm not ready to ink in the observation notes yet. I have to find the best code; I want the entries to be reveals too. So far a Leo Boudreaux idea seems best. I don't like a certain slowness in the execution though. ( Doc...why do you need 25 different examples of handwriting? Only one style is needed, though more can be used I suppose depending on presentation.) Oh, I'm not using the presentations implied in the intro to the diary, nor in "the letter", but something else entirely. The other approaches are presented as possible explanations...
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
869 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
Quote:

Sorry about that....took my questions to Rick by pm; realized I was a dunce and had just not even clearly thought about the premise, etc...Agree such detailed issues should not have been raised here. To the crypt and or forums next time!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
@MG, did you decide on making a purchase of Ash ?

There is a few good presentation ideas in, Outlaw forum !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ASH (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL