The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Las Vegas Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
Friends of mine are going to Vegas in Aug. I`m just wondering what magic show should I recommended them to see?

They can only attend one show and therefore would like to recommend a memorable one for them.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
Penn & Teller are my personal favorites, but admittedly, they aren't everyone's cup of tea. Mac King is brilliant, and I wouldn't miss his show when I visit Vegas, either. Copperfield is always a good show, too.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I just wish I could go to Vegas Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
I'll be there next week. Looking forward to seeing Copperfield and Max King myself Smile
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
I have seen the big guys in Vegas, but always go back to see Max King. His shows are in the afternnons, maybe your friends can work him in.

Bruce
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
My Vegas schedule usually looks something like this: Penn & Teller and Mac King, one other magic act, and one non-magic show. Even that stretches the hell out of my budget in most cases, but it's the only way I can leave without being disappointed.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Penn & Teller
Mac King
Chris Randall on Fremont Street
Dennis Sowers demonstrating magic at the Stratosphere Magic Shop. We recently lost Mike Abston, one of the best, but Dennis is of the same cloth.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Don't miss Mac King. His show is fantastic and is priced much lower than the other shows. Go to the Harrah's "information desk" (or whatever it is) and ask for a discount ticket. Sometimes you get two for one or get in free of you buy a couple of drinks.

Tell Mac Uncle Red sent ya.

Jim
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
147 Posts

Profile of jkr
Another vote for Mac King, very entertaining!
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Just got back from Vegas. Went to see Penn & Teller, Awesome! got a pic with Penn and a signed 3 of clubs from Teller Smile
Went to Grand Canyon West Skywalk, and there's this ranch out there with some great BBQ and I couldn't believe it....a Magician!
I mean we're talking 52 miles off the main road, out in the middle of nowhere Arizona. His name is Mark Crowe and he was a fantastic Magician!
Great card skills and presentation etc..
On our last day in Vegas we went and saw Mac King. We got in on a buy 2 drinks deal, $28.00 total for 2 drinks. Yes, Mac is the King Smile
***it! I forgot to tell Mac Uncle Red sent me ;-)
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I've been fortunate and seen a lot of the Vegas magician's perform through the years. For a layman who is looking for a wow, I would have to recommend Copperfield.
challengedmichael
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of challengedmichael
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, RobertlewisIR wrote:
Penn & Teller are my personal favorites, but admittedly, they aren't everyone's cup of tea. Mac King is brilliant, and I wouldn't miss his show when I visit Vegas, either. Copperfield is always a good show, too.

When I was able to visit Las Vegas last year these were the three I saw and they were all fantastic. If I had to choose one It would be Copperfield, not cheap but absolutely no regrets.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Las Vegas Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL