The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Penguin magic online downloads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
Quote:
On 2004-01-24 09:04, Dr Magic wrote:
I ordered their classic force download just out of curiousity. I did not enjoy the video very much but I particularly didn't like the method of delivery.

If I remember correctly I could only access the video through their site for a period of time, I couldn't save it. And I had to WAIT for the "instant" download. A day I think. By the time I got it I really wasn't that hyped about it anymore Smile

Seems they offer a lot of stuff but it's not quite ready for market yet.

Dr Magic

Smile

Could you be confusing Penguin with someone else? I've purchased a few different instant downloads from them over the last year and you get instant access to them and can save them to your hard drive. And the ones I purchased months ago are still there for me to download.
Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
No, I'm quite sure it was them. Maybe they've changed their system. It was not very long ago.
Scared me off from any future purchases though.

Smile

Dr Magic
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I would invest in actual books and actual documentation as opposed to the downloads. They are not bad, but they are not good either.

Oz Pearlman is a good magician, but I just don't like his teaching style. The videos are very brief. They do have a few good effects (but as mentioned above, they tend to rename other effects). I believe that is why their Matrix Reminted is no longer available, some copyright problem.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
What does anyone think of their version of 'Triumph', is it as good as the one featured on Ammar's DVD. Is it well taught and finally what is the difficulty level.
master121
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of master121
I don't get instant downloads. A rip-off if you ask me. If you go to google groups search, you will see exposure to any trick. Usually the trick you will almost get rippid-off on is up there. It is your own choice.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
On 2004-01-26 21:10, philipmac wrote:
What does anyone think of their version of 'Triumph', is it as good as the one featured on Ammar's DVD. Is it well taught and finally what is the difficulty level.

That Triumph is by Troy Hoosier. It's convincing, but the one Ammar teaches is Vernon's original, which is still the best, IMO.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Adammcd
View Profile
Regular user
Greensburg PA
132 Posts

Profile of Adammcd
Emerge triumphant their new one is very good. However, to keep files small it comes with 2 downloads. 1 Being a false shuffle the other being the "meat" of the effect. I usually purchase an Instant download from them when I place an order. That way I get something to work on at school or work while I wait for my order.

Dr. Magic. I have had no problems with the ID's at penguin and unless you paid via PayPal you shouldn't have had to wait a day. Make sure if you want to go back and check that you are logged in, because I thought I couldn't access them either. Turns out I deleted my cookies and needed to relog....

Adam
The last thing you ever expected, should have been the first.
philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
Quote:
On 2004-02-12 11:50, Adammcd wrote:
Emerge triumphant their new one is very good. However, to keep files small it comes with 2 downloads. 1 Being a false shuffle the other being the "meat" of the effect.

Thank you for telling me about this trick, what skill level is it, and how would it compare to the other instant downloads.
Adammcd
View Profile
Regular user
Greensburg PA
132 Posts

Profile of Adammcd
There is a somewhat complicated Marlo move and the false shuffle is not for the squeamish...(takes guts in my opinion) So I'd say intermediate. It will regardless of skill level take work. It's beauty is it's simplicity, It's downfall is it's not simple...
The last thing you ever expected, should have been the first.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Penguin magic online downloads (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL