The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your favourite two trick Combo.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2008-05-28 14:01, John Neely wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-28 10:56, Robert M wrote:

The Visitor (Jennings) and Immaculate Connection (Harris)

Robert

This is an interesting combo. Could you describe how these tricks go together in a little more detail?

John

Nothing very special, but these three tricks flow nicely:

Triumph

The Visitor (using the four Queens and the selected card from "Triumph")

Immaculate Connection (using the same selected card again and a pair of Queens from "The Visitor")

Robert
Chris Lister
View Profile
New user
Derby, England
15 Posts

Profile of Chris Lister
Im not sure if it counts as two tricks, but I like to present Stigmata in the following way. Spectator picks a card, then puts it back in. Deck is cut and spread, showing one card face up. I go 'And here we have your card', but alas, it's not the spectators card! At this point I go all red faced and 'oh dammit', and burn the card, and into Stigmata, it always gets fantastic reactions.
refugee
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of refugee
Card under glass
Card to wallet
Card on the ceiling.

It's gold. Solid gold.
RachelMilano
View Profile
New user
United States
83 Posts

Profile of RachelMilano
Curretly Twisting the Aces and Dr. Daley's Last Trick. Rachel.
I'd much rather regret something I've done than something I was too afraid to do. Have a great day. Rachel.
lcombs
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lcombs
Another vote for Twisting the Aces (Vernon) followed up by the Cros Twist.

lcombs
who he
View Profile
New user
Eureka
8 Posts

Profile of who he
One of my favorite routines linking card effects are;

"Back to the Future" (Jay Sankey),
A quick Ambitious Card Routine,
Ending with "Paper Clipped" (Jay Sankey)

also...

Devilish Miracle (Mike Skinner)
followed by "Your Signed Card" (Bro. John Hammon)
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of Picard
My favourite combos change so often, lately it's been:
1) Remembering the Future by Stewart James followed by
2) The Outcast (Peter Duffie's version for Open Prediction)

My patter theme is numerology.
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
This is pretty elementary, but you'd be surprised by reactions: "Do As I Do" followed by "Optical Prediction", Classic Magic of Lary Jennings
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2004-01-14 12:22, saturnin wrote:
Hi,
I would have named some of those that are already listed, but I would like to had this combo:
Simon Lovell's Fingered Number 3 followed by Fingered Number 4 !!!
(Quite easy to remember!!!)
Ronnie Lemieux

Simon's stuff is really great. It's a shame people are more apt to get the heavily marketed, expensive tricks by teenagers that are basically stealing other's ideas and putting their name on them. The only thing missing from these re-hashed DVDs are the key details that really make them workers.

Note to beginning magicians: just because someone publishes a DVD and wears sunglasses and uses black tiger decks does not mean they invented the trick.

It usually means they are taking money from the real creator and leaving out all the necessary info from the DVD so they can use that time to go off and make the next DVD that leaves out all the good bits again.

Don't be fooled. Do the research. Buy the originals.
I've seen so many embarrassing version of old tricks that cost 10 times more than the originals. Save your money. Get the originals.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Love this thread! I like to do "red hot mama", followed by "for Marlo" (David Regal) using the odd red card which should be a queen! the patter: will the red queen meet with her sisters or stay with the lowly twos?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

I also see several posts where the 2 trick combo was taken right off the Ammar ETMCM DVDs, in order. Not a bad way to begin but I'll bet that combo disappears for you over time.
Socalesq
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of Socalesq
The Twisting/Daley combo loved by this thread seems so weak to me. Twisting the Aces is a great trick, but most magicians know that it doesn't get anywhere near the response it deserves, and Daley's Last Trick doesn't really freak anyone out.

Wouldn't it be much more impressive, for example, to force a card and do Tommy Wonder's wild care routine with it, and then take one of the cards and do a card warp (Dr. Strangetrick) or a card through window with it?
icuryy
Malus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Malus
Quote:
On 2008-07-28 04:23, Socalesq wrote:
The Twisting/Daley combo loved by this thread seems so weak to me. Twisting the Aces is a great trick, but most magicians know that it doesn't get anywhere near the response it deserves, and Daley's Last Trick doesn't really freak anyone out..

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you here. I think both are really great tricks. The concepts are really simple, yet they hit hard. If you can't get the responses they deserve, maybe try a different presentation? Smile Just my humble opinion.

However, can anyone choose this combo explain how you put these 2 together please? I just thought that one trick is about flipping card, yet another one is about transporting cards. How do you related these 2 tricks together?
Malus.
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
Easy Collectors (Luke Jermay's)
Reset (Paul Harris)
Interlaced Vanish (Paul Harris)
Color Stunner (Paul Harris..again)

Alel
Furniture
View Profile
Elite user
London
415 Posts

Profile of Furniture
Neither blind or stupid (tamariz) followed by Out of this World
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-01-14 12:22, saturnin wrote:
Hi,

I would have named some of those that are already listed, but I would like to had this combo:

Simon Lovell's Fingered Number 3 followed by Fingered Number 4 !!!

(Quite easy to remember!!!)

Ronnie Lemieux

Fingered #3 is quite a nice trick with very economical movements and a nice surprise ending.
blackdeck
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
86 Posts

Profile of blackdeck
I agree with many of you. my first is Ambitious card to Sankey's Paperclipped ending. anohter ending I like to it is tommy wonders card in ringbox and daryl's ultimate ambition. I also like invisble plam to bill Malones reset.
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
666 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Look's ambitious card and paperclipped is the most popular for combo trick....
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of martin1025
Quote:
On 2004-01-14 17:44, markyeager wrote:
Performing Card Warp first, then using the cards to make the gaff for JC Wagner's Torn & Restored Card.

What a great idea! I just read a thread on impromptu set ups for card warp. This little set is great for someone like me who loves impromptu stuf.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of puggo
Colour changing deck (my adaptation of a Dave Forrest presentation) flowing into(my adaptation) James Prince's 'Mirrors'.
The mirror deck is used to 'explain' the colour changing effect, and seems to finish it off perfectly (in the spec's hands).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your favourite two trick Combo.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL