The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your favourite two trick Combo.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Impromptu:

Twisting the Aces and Dr. Daley's Last Trick. What can I say? It's a classic combo, and for good reason. I have several versions of each routine that I do, which makes the combo different and unique each time.

Gaffed:

Color-Changing Deck followed by Rainbow Deck. You've probably NEVER heard of this combo! I'll use a deck switch to get the Rainbow Deck in after I finish with Color-Changing Deck. After studying deck switches, I concluded that the one used in Blizzard is as effective as any, and the one that I like best for this situation.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2009-01-21 07:14, sohaib wrote:

Gaffed:

Color-Changing Deck followed by Rainbow Deck. You've probably NEVER heard of this combo! I'll use a deck switch to get the Rainbow Deck in after I finish with Color-Changing Deck. After studying deck switches, I concluded that the one used in Blizzard is as effective as any, and the one that I like best for this situation.

Interesting idea!

Robert
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Wow, this is a five year old thread and its resurfaced a few times. I wrote nearly two years ago "Cut em High and Tie" followed by "The Last Trick of Dr Daley." The latter is still in there but "Henry Christ's Fabulous Four Aces" oftens replaces it or slots nice in between.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Whit Haydn's Chicago Surprise.
Self concept is destiny..
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
220 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
Quote:
On 2004-01-14 09:58, DADE wrote:
How about any "Triumph" effect,followed closely by "Play it straight"-John Bannon.These get my vote!!

DADE Smile

I love this combo routine also.

IMHO, It is the best two spectator version of Triumph that I can think of. I've even done it for one spectator with them picking both cards since due to the nature of "play it straight" they don't really have to remember the second seclection anyway. The "suit" reveal at the end usually just blows them away.
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10615 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ambitious card and Jonathn Kamm's toi Box
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Sorry to be unoriginal, but... ACR to Card to wallet! Hey, I said sorry.

I also love Reflex revealed with card under glass. I saw Jamy Ian Swiss do this on youtube, man, great idea.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2004-01-14 21:02, Paul Chosse wrote:
A Harry Lorayne trick from Decksterity, I think it is called "Foursome", followed by any Four Ace Assembly (I prefer Marlo's "Bluff Aces"), followed by Vernon's "Twisting the Aces", followed by the "Cards to Wallet" ala Francis Carlyle (See the Roger Pierre book "The Magic of Francis Ccarlyle" for the best available description of Carlyle's handling).

Thematically, I keep using less cards to make it easier for the spectator to follow. First a full deck, the just the aces and 12 cover cards, then just the aces, and finally we try to get rid of the pesky critters (the aces, or whatever four of a kind is dictated by the original selection, way back at the beginning of "Foursome"). Makes for a good 8-10 minute set...

Best, PSC

P.S. I know this surpasses the requested two card combo, but the idea of linking effects brought this to mind. There are other effects that I do in combination, I will post them in another message...

Hello Mr. Chosse, I love that trick, and yes it is from Deck-sterity.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Vernon's Aces, Lorayne.
A Dime a Dozen, Wakeman.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
OOps, sorry Paul, you knew it was Deck-sterity.
ghageman
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ghageman
Club Sandwich followed by Double Monte - both by John Guastaferro.

Both are great tricks which flow nicely.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2007-06-12 18:38, Jaz wrote:
ACR, “Too Many Cards (Dingle).”

Twisting the Aces (Vernon), Sanverted (Carney), Fab Four Revisited (Wagner).

“Transjuxtaposition”, “The Revelation”. (Wagner).

Gotta love Wagner!
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
Cutting the Aces followed by Open Travellers.
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
Ambitious Card followed by Triumph, using the same card, of course.
Connor J. Martin
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Connor J. Martin
Let's not forget reset into limo service. Just like paul planned it.
Lion Dope
View Profile
New user
York PA
88 Posts

Profile of Lion Dope
I stumbled across a really nifty combo this past weekend. Darwin Ortiz' "New Back Off" into "Oil Slick" by Tom Ogden.
-Mike
Astrolan
View Profile
New user
Russian Federation
10 Posts

Profile of Astrolan
My favourite combos:

1. Lazy Mans Card Trick
2. Play It Straight Triumph
3. Diamond Cut Diamond
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8438 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Favorite 2 trick combo?

My favorite to do is NFW followed by Dr. Daley's Last Trick. I like to finish with regular cards that are the same ones from the first trick. Smile Works well, especially for a coin guy. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your favourite two trick Combo.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.7 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL