The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » PDA's and magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skeptic
View Profile
New user
Holland MI
46 Posts

Profile of Skeptic
What programs do you use for managing your magic hobby/career with a PDA?

I use the calendar and address book to track contact and appointments of course. I also haver a couple of documents that I keep on it to read on tricks and theory from allmagic.com in the reader section.
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
260 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
The palm is a great tool to have an outline of your show as a quick reminder at a glance if you need. Depending on the type of show I do I may use it as a calculator then switch it to notes for a quick reference on an anagram. Just food for thought.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1360 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I keep a list of all my card tricks, and appointments, and magic purchases on my pda.
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
There is some software called SuperMemo that helps you learn things (e.g. stacked decks).
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
In the memo pad section of my PDA, I keep a file of all the magic shows I do: this includes the event, the contact person and phone number/address, the date of the show, number of people, my fee, and a list of the tricks that I did. That way, if (when?) they book me for the following year, I can make sure that I don't repeat tricks, and I also have other important info to look at as a reference. It works great for me!
Dennis
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Dennis
On my PDA I have...

Expert at the Card Table
Expert card Technique
The Art of Magic
Ecny of Card Tricks
and
Modern coin Magic (Bobo)

But sometimes I delete Modern Coin Magic
because I need the room - however, having the others
with me ALL the time is great!!!

goto http://www.lybrary.com - tell Chris Dennis Mahoney
sent you and he should give me some free books (VBG).

I'm not involved with lybrary.com except as a customer,
but I think alot of magician's would love to have those books on thier palmpilot like I do!

Dennis
Dr_Gonzo
View Profile
New user
Brighton
22 Posts

Profile of Dr_Gonzo
I picked up keyboard and a decent word processor for my palm pilot and it's been handy to have around in all sorts of situations, least of which is typing up ideas on the train.
Dennis
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Dennis
I wrote my entire script for "Charlie Northeast" on my pilot in memopad while waiting for a plane! (without a keyboard)

Dennis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » PDA's and magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL