The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Water Clear Water Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mndude
View Profile
Special user
757 Posts

Profile of mndude
Here is the description:

"Turn ordinary water an eerie dark black and then clear again! This is an awesome addition to Sands of the Desert. Black Water Clear Water instantly shows your audience a beautiful display of magic!

Easy to do and very amazing! Simply mix the chemicals into the water as described in the instructions and change the color of the water to black with a wave of your hands! When you’re ready, another wave of your hands and the water turns clear!

• Ordinary water turns eerie black!
• A wave of the hand, it turns clear again!
• Perfect for Sands of the Desert!"

Does anyone here have any experience with this?
Econmagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Econmagic
I am about to purchase this effect to perform at a luncheon our community is hosting on waste water permitting. I thought the effect of turning water from clear to black and then back to clear again ties in perfectly with the topic of the luncheon. Once I receive it I will let you know what I think of it.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
757 Posts

Profile of mndude
Great! I finally went ahead and ordered it myself. I look forward to comparing notes.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2070 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi mndude and Econmagic,

I've used this at several shows and it worked very well. However, you'll need to try it a number of times so that you measure the appropriate amount of the chemicals and to determine how long it takes to change the water to black and then clear again. The amount of chemical, type of water, and water temperature all affect the time it takes for the change to occur. I found that distilled water (at room temperature) worked best (I tried tap water and spring water, but both left a slight yellow cast when it was changed from black to clear). You can buy the distilled water in large, plastic containers at the grocery store.

Regards, Steve
mndude
View Profile
Special user
757 Posts

Profile of mndude
Thanks for the great advice Yachanin!

I've just received my product, and like Yachanin says, it looks like this is going to require a lot of time experimenting down in the basement. For example chemical 2 requires 1/16 teaspoon per gallon...What does that come to for a 20 oz bottle? It must be a very very tiny amount.

The product basically comes with 3 bags with the 3 chemicals and a 4 inch sheet of paper with the directions. I wish it came with a few more ideas for routines, but I guess I'll be able to get something put together.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
445 Posts

Profile of robvh
I think you'll need to make it in bigger batches.
How do you even measure out 1/16 of a teaspoon? That's just 0.05 grams or 0.05 ml.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
You can get teaspoons now that measure 1/16th of a teaspoon. It is also called "a pinch". They also define a drop as 1/64th of a teaspoon.
Don't even get me started on a dash and a smidgen.
James

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2014, robvh wrote:
I think you'll need to make it in bigger batches.
How do you even measure out 1/16 of a teaspoon? That's just 0.05 grams or 0.05 ml.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22174 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If all else fails, ask your wife, if she does the cooking. Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
I'm glad to hear the tip on water type and temperature. I recently bought Black Water/Clear Water but have not tried it yet. I had P.O.W.E.R years ago, but am getting prepared for a Hindu Sands type routine so I am having to relearn about this stuff. The instructions that came with Black Water/ClearWater did not recommend what type water to use. I thought I remembered using distilled water with P.O.W.E.R. but I wasn't sure.

Tad = 1/4 Tsp
Dash = 1/12 Tsp
Pinch = 1/16 Tsp
Smidgen = 1/32 Tsp
Drop = 1/64 Tsp

Notice that a "dash" is 1/12, not 1/8.

Do you guys used a slightly stronger heavy measurement of the chemicals to try and get the water more black...of more clear? I imagine if you use more of either chem #1 or #2, or both the water might be darker. I suppose more of chem #3 would be needed to clear it up. I'm just guessing. If anyone knows or has experimented with this I would love to hear the results.
Mister Mystery
juliusdein
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of juliusdein
Which one is this?

Is this the black water clear water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZEfHZh8Pkg
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22174 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2015, juliusdein wrote:
Which one is this?

Is this the black water clear water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZEfHZh8Pkg

No, that is not what is being discussed here, BLACK WATER - CLEAR WATER IS POISON AND WILL KILL YOU.

Read this: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11581

If you do some searching, you will find that Water to Coke has been off the market for a while.

I suggest you contact the guy on YouTube and ask him.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Quite right, Bill. Justin takes the bottle of "coke" from the first girl and the video shows a different girl drinking it - A s****h has been made, other wise that drink would be nasty and lethal.
One reason I haven't performed this great trick for years. (The others are prep time and transporting liquids.)

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Water Clear Water Review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL